Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the ceed when it first came out (2007).
My husband bought me front sensors for Christmas & there is a rocker switch to the right of the dashboard.

My question is..

Should the rocker switchlight up when it's on.

Another query is.. should the dashboard be illuminated when the car is started, I can't remember if it did before the sensors were fitted.

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
The later 2010 MY Cee'd does have its dashboard lights on all the time. Cant help with the rocker switch for the front sensors as it will depend upon what make they are, but would have hoped it would light up to say they were on, so that at least you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eric

The sensors were fitted by the Kia dealer I bought the car from, they're saying that there isn't a light. Considering my husband could have bought a sensor with a camera forless money I don't think I've got a good deal!

I always thought my dashboard was lit up when the lights were off but as the car got a flat battery when it was returned & it took a while to sort out neither my husband or I can remember. We're having 'senior moments'

·
Registered
94 Posts
I posted a thread on another forum some months ago about front sensors someone has just posted a response saying the switch does have a light to say they are on so maybe there is a problem with yours.

·
Registered
662 Posts
will depend what switch was fitted the genuine kia kit does not have an illuminated switch some dealers do fit them and you could ask for it to be changed over the dash on a ceed is alway lit bright when lights are off and dimmer when lights are on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Eric & Viking Paul.

The parking system is Kia, as I'm not very impressed with them I don't think I'll be using them very often.

Thanks for your help

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts