Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, would anyone be able to put me in the right direction for removing the dash switches to replace the bulb inside, if thats possible that is. Unsure if they lever out or its a dash removal. Any help would be gratefully received.Its a Sedona 2003 LX. Many thanks.Edited by: sweeney todd

·
Registered
1 Posts
USE A LITTLESTUBY PHILIPS SCREWDRIVER REMOVE 2 SCREWS INSIDE THE DASH DISPLAY.
GENTLY FORCE FLAT SCREWDRIVER IN THE GAP BETWEEN DASH AND SPEDO DISPLAY ETC AND GENTLY PRISE AWAY, ALL THE CONSOL PANEL WILL COME AWAY INCLUDING THE AIRVENTS AREA .

YOU WILL THEN SEE THE SPEDO ETC PANEL EXPOSED, REMOVE 4 MORE PHILIPSSCREWS AND THE WHOLESPEDO PANEL WILL COME AWAY BY GENTLY TILTING IT TOWARDS YOU.

THEN YOU WILL SEE WHERE ALL THE BULBS ARE SITUATED INSERTED IN A PLASTIC HOLDER JUST TWIST IT AND THEY WILL COME OUT,REMOVE AND REPLACE THE ONES THAT MAY HAVE GONE, YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR ABOUT 50p EACH AT YOUR LOCAL MOTOR SHOP. JUST MAKE SURE YOU PRISE THE WHOLE THING AWAY GENTLY BIT BY BIT AS IT HAS PLASTIC HOLDING MOUNTS ON THE BACK OF IT AND THEY SNAP OUTIT DOES COME AWAY.

JUST DONT BE ROUGH AND DONT BE FRIGHTENED EITHER, HOPE IT HELPS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi taximac,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't explain myself really well now that I've read the post again. I described it badly and I meant the the pushswitches on the dash near the radio, heater controls etc. The switches such as the rear heated window, saloon roof lights etc. Thanks for the advice re the dash bulbs however, useful if I should need to change them. Have you any idea on the push switches and if they even have bulbs before I start to attempt to change them. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts