Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Venga2 auto at the beginning of May and generally am happy with it. Got the boot floor problem (nice to see a fix is available - have been using a block of wood in centre), mpg reads low - generally getting mid-high 30s in mixed running. Like the easy access (getting old), but I have a number of clunks and rattles from the dash area that I can`t place accurately to enable me to tell the man who knows where to hit it to cure it (SEEMS like centre console and nearside "A" pillar trim). Anybody else had problems that they have managed to resolve - I`m aware of the difficulty mechanics have in rectifying such problems which always disappear as you drive onto the forecourt.I had front and rear parking sensors fitted through the dealer before delivery (don`t know who actually did the work) - could that be the cause of loose bits? but if others without these have rattles, then likely I can rule that out.
What about mud flaps (front and rear) - are they worth fitting and, if so, is it something an old git can do without difficulty?
thanks
Briang
P.S. Spoke to my dealer recently and he said they had only sold 10 since I got mine - I`ve never seen another on the road!
Last week Auto Express did a head to head of the Venga (their 2010 mini MPV of the year) vs. the Huyudai ix20 vs. Nissan Note - Venga came third!!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
mud flaps are easy to fit as for your rattle we use a clear pure silicone spray you spray it between two touching panels and slowly progress until the squeak goes then you know what panels to adjust usual ones are dash to windscreen and center consul to dash spray is a landrover spray part number STC50542

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for that.Any idea what sort of price a set of 4 flaps will be? I can go to my dealer, but of course will pay "retail"

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

my Venga 2 auto had little rattles or squeaks coming from the dash/left hand door pillar. Never did solve it as it came and went. Now have a 1.4crdi. I looked at the ix20 before buying the second Venga a week ago. Couldnt live with the grill or the glossy plastic bits inside. Prefer the Venga. If you take notice of all the reviews you'll never buy anything.

Bob

·
Registered
543 Posts
You wanna have my audio gear in car i'f you want rattle :D very true I've cured with silicon spray :) in my picanto

·
Registered
34 Posts
At the risk of sounding a little too obvious, are the rear seat belts buckles inserted into their 'parking' slots? If not they rattle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why not just leave the venga with the dealer fora week or so and let them hear the rattle for themselves,dealers want to find the problem, justlet them have a look.It 100% will not be the parking sensors. It may just need padding out.

You do need to check the seat belts and the rear seats to make sure they are stable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your suggestions.I`ve lived with the "problems" since soon after we got the car. Maybe I`m especially picky, but I get annoyed if I don`t know where the noise is coming from. Anyway...the car went in for its first annual service in May and I included rattle elimination as a warranty job.
They cured the centre seat belt buckle rattle by replacing the unit and then Kia gave approval to remove the whole dashboard to try to resolve the front rattles. Car released with incorrectly fitted instrument surround and one rattle currently remains, so I`m trying to track that myself.
The car was with the garage for a week, but I know they cannot have spent all that time on it. I sympathize with mechanics trying to solve such problems and I cannot fault Kia for approving the strip out. The car is great except for these noises which I suppose I can just about live with.

They had an interesting way of trying to identify rattles - a CD with loud bass and screeching treble. This was played on the player at high volume to see if it caused any of the rattles I had. They noted any that did so that they could replay the disc to check resolution - obviously didn`t work, but I like the idea!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts