Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time posting!

I've had the1.7crdi '2' (not Satnav), so far so good, really enjoying the car but my car comes with an alarm override/disable switch instead of a dashboard light dimmer dial.

When the running lights are on only, the dials and radio are brightly lit but as soon as I turn on the headlights, the lights on the dials and radio dim quite a lot and I can barelysee the radio screen at all.

Is there anyway to stop the lights dimming when putting the lights on? On a rainy day, you need to have your lights on but it then means the speed dials are dark and you cannot see the radio display which is not good.

Any dealer fix or work around for this? Is it possible to get a non-UK switch panel which has the dimmer dial as I'd rather have that than an alarm over-ride.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome 3pic.

Can't answer your question but I have the KX-3 with premium instrument cluster (with the alarm tilt sensor override switch) and with headlights on the instruments remain bright but once the outside light level drops to a certain value the display automatically dims so as not to be overpowering in the dark.

Hope someone else can give you a solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts