Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Super Moderator
Looks a good idea. (y)
Only $30 + shipping. But does not include any import charges.
Looks like it will fit from below.

Registered
Great idea. I might get one just because of the current silly wiring route we have now. He also has a cool cam with no vdu.

ours have a lit display and worried how it will effect the matrix light sensor on the back of the rear view mirror as the lit dashcam screen confuses the sensor. ( I only know because we had similar problems on our current car where dash cam kept main beam on and didn鈥檛 shut down the matrix pixels for the on coming cars.)
And so all incoming traffic was constantly high beaming us.

Where are you placing your dash cam? Anchance of a photo of where you placed it.

thanks

Registered
Wow. Just looked on eBay. Total 拢60+
mmmm
I might just stay with my modified tapped 5amp fuse and ground to chassis from fuse box.
But hey that video was good.

Registered
On Order: GT-Line S PHEV Dark Penta Metal (Ordered 11/03/22. Expected by July 2022)
Has anyone come across an installation guide for a hardwired dashcam yet? Still no idea when my car will arrive but I鈥檒l want to hardwire my existing Blackvue front and rear cams. Always an easier job if someone鈥檚 posted info on their own install, especially info like which fuses they tapped into. My install includes an external battery that needs both a permanent live and switched live. The ideal place to tap into would be a fuse box in the boot, but I鈥檝e only seen mention of one just above the driver鈥檚 footwell.

Registered
mmmm
I might just stay with my modified tapped 5amp fuse and ground to chassis from fuse box.
It's also available via a South American river which converts to 拢36.64
Product Azure Font Screenshot Parallel

Reactions: GTLineS Andy

Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mmmm
Chap on the Tucson forum only paid 拢35 use the link on the video it directs you to Amazon.com

Registered
However I do like the Convenience of the module Xtrailman posted. Makes it all nice and tidy.

i put the fuse tap into and existing 10amp fuse and then put the existing 10amp fuse along with a 5amp fuse on the TAP and connected the black (negative) wire to an earth point. (Car chassis) or earth point in fuse box). Bad side is all that wiring to the dash cam.
That鈥檚 why I鈥檒l still be thinking about Xtrailmans method. But will wait for car to arrive 1st and see how much room is on the rear view mirror panel.
don鈥檛 want to waste 拢35 of it don鈥檛 fit.

Registered
Yes I'm hoping someone can confirm the part works.
I ordered one for my Tucson, the part arriving 11th April so i will report back

Reactions: xtrailman

Super Moderator
If you could find where the usb female port, which must have the 12V to 5V converter built in. Was from it would be a cheap build.

if you have a front & rear cam, you still have a cable to route to the back of the car.

Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's easy to wire for the rear cam, I just use the 12 v socket and run under the seal with a loop for the boot to open.

Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
It's easy to wire for the rear cam, I just use the 12 v socket and run under the seal with a loop for the boot to open.
That鈥檚 fine if both of your cameras are separate units. However a lot of camera 鈥榙uo鈥 kits require the two cameras to be connected together where you need to run a separate cable from the front to the back, so you would need to probably run the rear cable in the headlining.and maybe through the rubber tube connected to the tailgate.

Reactions: iooi

Super Moderator
Bit hard when many cars do not have a 12V socket in the boot & they take the power via the same cable that sends the video back to the main camera (y)

Don't get me wrong I like the idea. Just 拢10 got me a piggyback fuse set up & trim remover kit. Then about a hour to do a twin camera set up. Most of which getting camera to show the best view

Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That鈥檚 fine if both of your cameras are separate units. However a lot of camera 鈥榙uo鈥 kits require the two cameras to be connected together where you need to run a separate cable from the front to the back, so you would need to probably run the rear cable in the headlining.and maybe through the rubber tube connected to the tailgate.
Sounds like too much hassle to me..
But then I only use budget cameras and don't declare them to the insurer for a discount.

Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
Decided that 拢36 from Amazon.com was cheap enough, and I wanted to fit my new camera with a minimum of wiring. Not worried about using it while parked, only when driving. Unit arrived today, took about 10 days.
Just need a car to put it in now馃槙

Registered
Decided that 拢36 from Amazon.com was cheap enough, and I wanted to fit my new camera with a minimum of wiring. Not worried about using it while parked, only when driving. Unit arrived today, took about 10 days.
Just need a car to put it in now馃槙
Fitted mine last week took about 10 minutes

Reactions: Aerofly
1 - 20 of 38 Posts