Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone know if their is an Android app that will connect to ODB2 that can tell you when a bulb has blow and also which bulb (if at all possible). I know i can check manually by walking round the car but it would be handy if i could get a notification of a bulb going while in the car, as recently i have been blowing bulbs a lot and I'm still trying to find the fault their.

·
Super Moderator
3,122 Posts
Not sure a ODB2 app will show when a bulb blows. As that is going to depend on how Kia have set ECU. Add in when you have LED bulbs they can cause issues on their own.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Very unlikely that a car which can detect bulb failure will not put a warning on the dash. There would seem to be no point in the BCM (Body Control Module not Engine Control Module) having this info if it is not used for anything. I think bulb failure warning is now mandatory but I don't know when that came into force. You haven't told is what car you have. It might get more response if you were to post in the appropriate model/year section so you can reach owners of similar cars.

·
Super Moderator
3,122 Posts
I think bulb failure warning is now mandatory but I don't know when that came into force. You haven't told is what car you have. It might get more response if you were to post in the appropriate model/year section so you can reach owners of similar cars.
Don't think it is. As certainly neither the Stonic or Picanto have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts