Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my 2015 Kia picanto from new. The car has been great, reliable and we have had no issues other than with the Alloy wheels. A couple of years after purchasing the vehicle we noticed that corrosion was getting in under the lacquer. We complained to our Kia dealer, they took photos and sent them to Kia warranty. We were told that they were not covered as it was caused by stone chips. This continued for several years until now.
I contacted Kia customer service, sent photos and received a reply that under a goodwill gesture they would replace 2 wheels. They are all equally bad and just replacing 2 seems pointless.
I believe that the wheels are not fit for purpose or use in the UK if the lacquer can fail so quickly.
I have been told that they have changed the lacquering process now and improved the quality of the wheels. This obviously doesn't help owners of older vehicles.
Has anyone managed to have all their wheels replaced or gone through another agency ie trading standards etc to pursuade Kia to change their decision.
I look forward to any comments.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I look forward to any comments.
KIA diamond-cut alloys has been mentioned many times in the past with, from memory, mixed responses from forum members in their dealings with KIA dealers and KIA UK.

Some of those afflicted by the kind of wheel damage you mention may still be around and if they read your post, they might be able to offer better advice than I can. For what it's worth, I'd be inclined to grab the offer of two replacement wheels as I'm sure KIA's attitude towards wheel damage claims has hardened in recent times.

If you can persuade KIA to improve on that offer, I'm sure many forum members would love to hear about it. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :LOL:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts