Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a new Rio got a DAB adapter for the stereo?

Have got used toDAB now, 6 music in particular, would like to avoid an ugly extra unit if possible

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi big_boz,

Never heard of a DAB adapter ... how do they work? Attach to aux-in or something?

(Been reading about your dash 'rattle' ...
... poor show!)

Stevo

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a DAB interface in my Audi which is an interface which goes in the back of it that allows DAB to be played through (and tuned by) the factory head unit.

A mate has a PURE Highway which is excellent quality wise, but its something else to stick to the window......

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doc said:
hi could this be what your looking for on ebay ? 251045278033 thanks let me know

No, that is for a Home NAD Hifi tuner so that you can get it to recieve DAB signals. It is the same concept, so in the audi there was a box of tricks that plugged into the back of the head unit via an interface that had nothing in it, then an arieal that i hid behind one of the a-pillar covers (which could have been stuck to the windscreen.

Then it all worked like it was just normal radio.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no worries, when/if i find one i will update.

I am in the states in a few months il see if i can get one from there

·
Registered
80 Posts
They'll put up a strange look, not knowing what you're talking about in the US.
DAB is an european standard.

They don't know it in korea either.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers, saved me from looking like a mug!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Can you get Long Wave on the radio in the new Rio? It's a shame they seem not to include it on car radios these days. I miss having the opportunity of boring my other half to death listening to Test Match special!

Edited by: M4trundler

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Long Wave, god that went out years ago on car stereos.
M4 have you still got that 8 track in that rig of yours good buddy ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.