Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of purchasing a new Kia Cee'd 3 through Autofinders. I read an article on Saturday in the Mail which stated that the fm and am analogue radio signals were due to be switched off in 2015 making most caar radios obsolete. As I wish to keep my Kia for much longer than this I was alarmed by this article as I cannot find any information regarding the radio on my new car. Can anyone confirm that the radio on my new car has a DAB band installed. If not will there be an option for me to have the radio changed before I take delivery?

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is no DAB band and I don't believe there is one available to swap with it.

The good news is that the existing signals are no longer going to be switched off in 2015, in fact its more than probable we will see the introduction of a different variation of DAB to replace what we have now.

The problem being the existing DAB was based upon some early developments of digital broadcasting that have since been superseded in some European countries by superior systems.

·
Registered
887 Posts
DAB is dead, theres DAB+ in use in alot of other countries, the US use XM, and with mobile net and streaming music, is there a future for traditional radio signals?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts