Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.
I am ware that this topic has probably been discussed many times before but the DAB radio on my E-Niro is starting to cut out. This happens in specific areas, maybe dead spots, but i am sure its only just started to happen.
The dealers have told me that they also suffer the same issue (not helpful). They have done a full diags and found no issue and just stated it must be the area i am driving yet my other car DAB is perfectly fine.
I am bit frustrated as i swear it has only started to happen.
Any advice would really be appreciated !!!
Cheers

·
Registered
312 Posts
DAB seems to be having a problem at the moment due to atmospherics.
Even "better" I keep getting RTE instead of Radio 2 in places around here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same problem on both my Niro and my previous car, a Citroen C4 Picasso, always assumed it's the norm with DAB. The Niro does seem to be slightly worse than the Citroen, maybe because it has a sharkfin aerial rather a regular aerial.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you have a dash cam fitted? If so obtain a pair of ferrite core rings, under £3 from ebay and your problem more than likely solved. Place one on the plug end and the other on the camera end.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,709 Posts
Sadly the original poster has not been back on the forum since their first post. But for the benefit of other members, we live near the A19 in Teesside, and we get DAB dropouts in a number of locations near us, one in particular is over the Tees Flyover (you would think being high up would be better). We know where they are and have got used to it. We had a couple of Vauxhall's with DAB and they dropped out in the same places.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sadly the original poster has not been back on the forum since their first post. But for the benefit of other members, we live near the A19 in Teesside, and we get DAB dropouts in a number of locations near us, one in particular is over the Tees Flyover (you would think being high up would be better). We know where they are and have got used to it. We had a couple of Vauxhall's with DAB and they dropped out in the same places.
So it isn't the car's problem but a transmission one.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,499 Posts
Only thing i can say is that previous Stonic had a regular aerial rather than sharkfin that the Niro & Picanto has & I do suffer drop outs from time to time in local tunnel under airport runway, that I never got with the Stonic. But then again it's not all the time so think that other factors are at play.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,709 Posts
I suspect a combination of signal dead spots and poor aerial/aerial amplifier. Everything is built down to a price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Every generation of improvement to radio sound quality has brought a corresponding decrease in range and increase in the number of transmitters needed to give good coverage. I doubt DAB coverage in the UK will get any better than it is now except on the margins of the country, especially as the Govt is hell-bent on starving the BBC of funds.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,499 Posts
This is the issue with digital signals they are either I or 0. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Llanigraham
1 - 10 of 10 Posts