Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 KX2 with the non setting cruise control, which has been there since Sept 2010.
Both my garage and myself have been in contact with Kia, who have said a fix was done, but on testing failed, so they were going back and starting again.
I can not believe it could take so long too fix and so many new cars sold all with the same problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have the problem that the cruise control will not set all of the
time. I turn the cruise control on, get to the speed I want and press
the Set button but some times nothing happens. I then have to press the
Cancel
button and then press the Set button and the cruise control will then
set. Also, pressing the SET (-) button to reduce speed once the cruise
control is set will some times cut the cruise control off. The cruise
control light does not go off but you have to reset the speed. My dealer
says they cannot duplicate my problem and cannot fix it until it
completely breaks. What can we do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sure;y it has to be against Trading Standards law for Kia to sell cars with a fault that prevents the owner from using a feature that was promised by the manufacturer. I have reported Kia to Trading Standards in the hope this will incentivise them to find a cure quickly. I'm also writing to all the Motoring Press highlighting the problem if you chose to buy a Kia.
After all, potential owners have a right to know. Marks out of ten Kia? Zero.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update. The Sorento spent two days at Kia dealer having an software update to cure the Cruise Control problem. Worked Friday & Saturday perfectly but then failed to work Sunday morning. Later in the day it started working again. Contacted dealer who said as far he is concerned it is working correctly. If this is the official Kia position we have no chance of getting it fixed.

·
Registered
887 Posts
silly question..
in the odd time it hasnt worked have you used the brake pedal up to that point since start up?
Cruise will not engage ever unless it knows the brake switch is working.

Edited by: murphwiz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts