Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My ceed cruise control has started to play up. It has worked fine for the last 2 years but now it has started to disengage when you press the - button on steering wheel when i want to slow down. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Although I have a Carens, mine does something similar since the last software upgrade.

Now, if I press and hold the "Set" button for more than a second or two, it disengages. However if I just click the "set" button it reduces speed by approx 1mph per click.

I used to be able to press the "set" button and hold it till the speed dropped to what I wanted and on releasing it the new current speed became the "set" speed.

Looks like the coast function got removed!
Does this seem similar to yours? If so, have you had a software upgrade recently?

I'll be asking my dealer on Friday - why?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, My car was serviced in March but this has just started a couple of weeks ago but i am not sure if it has had a software upgrade. You have to press the on/off button first then to set the speed you have to press the - button to engage cruise control,but when i want to slow down you also press the - button which sometimes disengages the cruise control. When using the + button to speed up this works fine. Be interested to hear what your dealer has to say.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi richard B,I've been playing with my cruise control today.You are right. Pressing the "set" button (or - in your case) does cause cruise to disengage, but not every time -seems like 8 times out of 10 it disengages.
Bit frustrating as if I'm in traffic with cruise on and am catching up with car in front, usually I just hold the "set" button till my speed drops, release it and off we carry on at the new speed. I don't normally look to see if the "set" light on the dash is lit! When it disengages its the same as taking your foot off the throttle and it took me a few seconds to realise I was still decelerating.
I was VERY careful to ensure I did not inadvertently catch the "cancel" button when pressing "set" as I have done this in the past!

No problems with "resume" or + button -does what it should.

Anyway, off to dealer tomorrow and will report back.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dealer tried car this morning and replicated problem. Re-installed software upgrade and things seem fine now.Probably just "one of those things".

Will monitor tomorrow as have 100mile + run, a lot of which will be with cruise working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts