Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Today my green cruise control light illuminates a-ok,but it will not latch on or hold speed, just tails off?

It was fine about a month ago but am I doing something silly or do I need to go back with it...

Was on a normal journey, nothing untoward.

Appreciate any thoughts?

Thanks.

Duncan.

·
Registered
536 Posts
brake sensor dragging? might be worth having someone tail you and see if your lights are flickering as you try set it...

Or it could be a faulty + - switch on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, so long as I am not doing something dumb ;-) happy to go back to dealer. Will watch for brake lights when I use it later, although other drivers actions earlier did not suggest that. Fault +/- is a fair bet :) Thanks for the swift reply

·
Registered
536 Posts
No worries. I wouldnt say the cruise control is ever a problem, its usually the sensors that they depend on. Could also be a clutch or gear sensor. might be worth trying to set it at different speeds in different gears. still no luck then off to the dealer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It is most likely one of the mechanical bits of the system, clutch or brake pedal switches or steering wheel + - switch. I have read reports of the steering wheel switch failing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts