Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sedona started bubbling up paint on the rear side of the o/s rear arch last year. Its a late 2001 51 plate ( 1st of the CRDI models )
I've since spotted a few older TDI ~99/2000 models ( those that haven't yet been scrapped !! ) also with more advanced rust ONLY in the same place.

The panel affected sits where the rear heater box is.....so I'm wondering if its a problem associated with the humid / damp of the heater unit .

Has anyone had the inner rear trim off their Sedona to study whatsgoing on inside the panelling.

I'm wondering whether its possible to access this area and de-scab it and bung a lump of fibreglass in to stem the corrosion.

A fix for this might be help to all of you 02/52/03/53> plate owners who I pressume have undiscovered rust on its way through.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi ebod
i have an 03 plate carens crdi in imperial blue.
The paint has literally fell off on the lower wheel arch and under rear door skirt on both sides i spotted it bubbling last summer. I suppose being grit blasted and having salt dried on it over the last couple of months must have been the final straw.
I am a little disapointed to say the least, The paint that i have flaked off does not seem to be a very thick or evenly coated.
I do hope newer models have better paint finishing than ours, Well we will have to watch this forum to see if any other newer vehicles are starting to suffer the dredded red death,
all the best
col

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've got a 2000 W reg 2.9TDI in the Silver/gold colour and both rear arches are in good condition even after the nears side one had some Bloody white van man try to change the colour in a carpark. Not done anything to keep them that way except keep it reasonably clean.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yep ,some times its just luck of the draw as to if one rusts and another doesn't . Cant say I've looked to see if others have the same problem you've described, though the one's I've worked on have looked good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts