Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Credit where it's due/1 year old 1st edition

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  4x4 tractorboy 
#1 ·
I have made a point of complaining on here about poor service from a local dealer of mine. I feel that I should now add a positive side to Kia service centres in my area.

Hendy Kia near Southampton were very friendly and professional regarding my first annual service of my 1st Edition. Even a courtesy call a few days later to check I was happy with the service I received impressed me.

The car was booked in at just 2 days notice, however I would have waited a week if I wanted the free courtesy car. Generally, the way I was treated was different from the work I received from the last dealer.

Another point to make. I have had the car a year now and overall I am very pleased with my choice. It wasn't easy choosing to spend over £23K on what at the time seemed an unfashionable brand such as Kia but I am glad I did. I recently hired a very expensive luxury Buick in the states which I had for 2 weeks and did over 1000miles in. But I couldn't wait to get back in my Kia. The Kia is more ergonomically comfortable and just as nice to drive. The Buick had more gadgets but a lot of it was overkill.

Only small things I have noticed that bug me about the sportage are:-
The horn, Icy warning light and beep, rear heated seats are on even with nobody sat there, I can't operate the rear windows from the front when I switch them off from kids, no washer fluid low light, the boot button on my keyfob doesn't unlock the boot (Added extra I guess) and my clock on my radio system chooses what it wants the time to be and not what the actual time is. (Something I need to go back to dealer about).

Despite these small niggles, I love my car after a year.

See less See more
#3 ·
I traded in an Acura RDX (Luxury Honda in the USA) for my Sportage. I've been driving it 4 weeks now with 1200 miles. The RDX had the "tech" package with all the extra gadgets, most of them I never used. The Acura runs 10 grand more than my Sportage, but the Sportage is every bit as good a vehicle. I have more fun driving the Sportage and get a lot more compliments on the looks. I do have less power than the Acura (176hp vs 240 hp) but I've not really missed the extra HP, because I'm getting 20-30% better fuel efficiency.

The Kia Sportage this week was awarded the "Best Buy" award in the USA by Consumers Digest. The PR really sums up what I like about the Kia Sportage.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2012-kia-optima-sorento-soul-and-sportage-achieve-consumers-digest-best-buys-133171883.html

#4 ·
I changed from a two and a half year old Land Rover Discovery 3 to a First Edition Sportage and can honestly say that apart from missing the load carrying capacity and large windows I have had no problems with the car so far and still love it. It's considerably cheaper to run too :))

There is a section in the General area for dealer reviews - why not post there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.