Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I’m being fussy, but never had this before
on the drivers seat, right hand side where it supports you, I have tiny creases, I am careful how I get in and out of the car, I am not a heavy person but it reappears
any ides how to remove and stop this please

·
Registered
941 Posts
No way to stop other than don't use the car. Seats wear as you use them like all other parts of the car. Even your clothes crease as you wear them.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
541 Posts
I think once the creases have appeared, that's it. You can make them a bit better in leather with nourishing creams but I doubt the synthetic leathers in KIA will respond to those. And yes, I too do the bum-lift to get over the bolsters in my Proceed!

·
Registered
941 Posts
but I doubt the synthetic leathers in KIA will respond to those.
Why do Kia (and other manufacturers) insist on using the word "leather" to describe their plastic seats. Even Merc are at it, their Artico Leather has never seen a cow, if you want the real stuff its another £1200. I have no objection to manufacturers using plastic in areas where you don't sit but if I buy a car with "leather" seats I want my backside to be in contact with the real thing.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
541 Posts
Why do Kia (and other manufacturers) insist on using the word "leather" to describe their plastic seats. Even Merc are at it, their Artico Leather has never seen a cow, if you want the real stuff its another £1200. I have no objection to manufacturers using plastic in areas where you don't sit but if I buy a car with "leather" seats I want my backside to be in contact with the real thing.
I think it is driven by the marketing demand for 'premium' in everything, and the tediously predictable dashboard-stroking car journalists.

I've found some of these 'faux' leathers are like the vinyl we used to burn our bare legs on in the 70s, while the really good ones, in Lexus and the like, are probably better than the real thing. My last car had lovely late 90s leather; always a joy to skip into those seats after a cream treatment... (oo-er).

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've found some of these 'faux' leathers are like the vinyl we used to burn our bare legs on in the 70s,
All of the "faux" leathers are like the vinyl form the 70's simply because they are vinyl. The product has not changed but what has is the fact that back in the 70's we paid extra to have nice cloth (warm in winter, cool in summer), now they want us to pay extra for vinyl, I for one will not fall for that one.

My last car had lovely late 90s leather; always a joy to skip into those seats after a cream treatment... (oo-er).
Had a car with leather from the late 80's and having read various magazines I decided that I must treat it correctly. So I bought a well respected product and applied it exactly as per the label. The seats looked magic. Then I drove it, the first time I braked I nearly shot off the seat. Had to buy some more product to try and get the seats back to being usable.

One of our cars dates to 1993 and the leather in that has never been treated other than an occasional wipe with a damp cloth. The seats look nicely patinated (they are 28 years old) and you don't slide about on them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Maybe I’m being fussy, but never had this before
on the drivers seat, right hand side where it supports you, I have tiny creases, I am careful how I get in and out of the car, I am not a heavy person but it reappears
any ides how to remove and stop this please
I think some of the people commenting on this post went off the track. So lets get back to the problem in hand how oid is the car the sides of the seat lose there support so they have to be stripped out and new padding inserted under the seat trim. Have a word with a seat trimmer(when they are open) .
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts