Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Rio CRDI I have found a really irritating problem in that the drivers seat creaks when I go around a corner and my weight shifts in the seat. It's not the seat fixings but feels more like the springs in the seat itself. Anyone else had this problem or anyone got a solution?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Got a CRDI but not with seat squeaks thank god. It would drive you nuts. Got a dash rattle at the stereo but haven't got round to shutting it up yet. I had a clutch pedal squeak on a cavvy before now that does drive you bananas. It did it on the down and up stroke. A good dose of white grease spray up in the pivot and spring cured that.
You could get someone to move about on the seat while you locate exactly where the creaks coming from and lube the part.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is driving me mad. The problem is that I think it's the springs in the base of the seat so will be hard to fix.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I managed to cure it. Took the drivers seat out completely and doused all the springs and mechanisms underneath it with a teflon based lubricant - now it's quiet as a mouse

However....the thin plastic surround that goes round the (Kenwood) after market stereo is also a bad fit and creaks whilst I'm driving along. Anyone any tips for curing this or know where I can get a replacement?

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
glad there was a problem with the seat as i have noticed it too... granted i have put on a few pounds since i bought my rio so i put it down to that lol..

out comes the seat then !!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts