Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a KIA pro_ceed 2008 with 74k miles. The car generally runs well, but for some reason when I use the cruise control for more than 10mins, and then switch it off and return to normal driving, the engine has no power above 3000revs (turbo band), basically feels as though the turbo just isn't working at all.

If I switch the ignition off and on again whilst moving, the turbo seems to reset and come back to life. What would be causing this?? ECU issue?? Is it common?? I've never heard of this before. It's odd.

Also, the car seems to be considerably faster than a standard 2.0d Sport, is this because they don't all come turbo? I was surprised when I bought it how quick it was compared to my old 2.0d Sport. Or is this a sign someone has been messing around with it to improve performance? It also whistles when you come off the throttle between 2-3k revs.

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
337 Posts
HI, I have a ceed sport, mine has done 68000the only time turbo whistles is when it is cold.
I have had many problems with cruise control but not your, might be a sensor or even the egr sticking.

If it did it all the time I would be looking for a leak in the intercooler or pipework due to a stone or something, the only other thing it could be is if the wastegate was sticking open, not sure if that is electronic controlled.
Have you access to ecu fault code reader? or even a rolling road expert?

Please update if you manage to find the fault.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Buy yourself a code reader off ebay, they only cost £25-30. Just using it once pays for itself as some garages like to charge to have your car diagnosed. My experience with my pro cee'd has been similar - limp home mode cured by stopping the engine and restarting it. Also when that's happened to me I haven't had the check engine light come on, yet the code reader has registered a fault code. Maybe the engine light comes on for more serious faults.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I own a 2008 | 2.0 | Pro Ceed and I had the same problem. We've changed the software and that's when the problem began. The issue is that the ECU opens the vanes of the VGT entirely (and too eary) and the pressure inside the turbine get too high. Then the ECU closes the vanes of the VGT in order to protect the turbine.
Basically, you have to change the software (if you still own the car).
Regards,
Philip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts