Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking a used Kia. It's 3 years old.
Full Kia history, albeit the 2nd service was done six months late due to CV19 and the previous owner not being able to get it done.

Service interval is 12 months /20k miles. It was serviced 18 months after the 1st service but had done less than 10k miles since previous, so it was only late on time, not mileage.

Dealer says its fine and Kia UK are honouring warranty no problem - well he would say that wouldn't he?! I asked for this in writing, to be told there was no need. CV19 is the reason and nothing to worry about.

I'd be interested in KiaCS opinion please.... Many thanks.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
769 Posts
I'm looking a used Kia. It's 3 years old.
Full Kia history, albeit the 2nd service was done six months late due to CV19 and the previous owner not being able to get it done.

Service interval is 12 months /20k miles. It was serviced 18 months after the 1st service but had done less than 10k miles since previous, so it was only late on time, not mileage.

Dealer says its fine and Kia UK are honouring warranty no problem - well he would say that wouldn't he?! I asked for this in writing, to be told there was no need. CV19 is the reason and nothing to worry about.

I'd be interested in KiaCS opinion please.... Many thanks.
As you will be wanting this in writing I would be inclined to email KCS directly, give the reg of the car you are interested in with a copy of the stamped page in the service book if possible, so that you have an irrefutable conformation from Kia if ever you need to make a warranty claim further down the line.

PS. I am sure the dealer is quite correct on this but I would want a written conformation

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I'd be interested in KiaCS opinion please.
Well, perhaps like some other readers of these pages, I have an opinion but I shan't offer it as you seem clear that you specifically want the opinion of KIA Customer Support.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
This is what Kia Customer Services posted in March, 2020.
Hi all

Thanks for your patience.

Whilst all showrooms are now closed, some service departments remain open. We’re trying to keep our ‘Find A Dealer’ page as up to date as possible so please check the availability of servicing dealers in your area - Find your Local Kia Dealer | Kia Motors UK

These open sites will prioritise essential repair work and vehicle testing to support frontline key workers. Routine servicing is not considered an essential repair therefore you should book your car in once Government advice changes.

If there is a valid warranty claim on your car and the latest scheduled service has been delayed during the period where the UK is under Government measures, we will honour valid warranty claims. Please note all other warranty Terms and Exclusions apply.

It's important you maintain your car regardless of servicing requirements. We recommend that you regularly check the following items:
  • Engine oil level
  • Coolant level
  • Windscreen washer fluid level
  • Tyre condition and pressures, including spare if fitted
  • Exterior lights
If your service is delayed, it's even more important that you regularly carry out the checks detailed above until the scheduled service is carried out, paying particular attention to the oil level. Should you require oil to top up your engine, please refer to the link below to ensure you obtain the correct oil for your car. It is very important that you use the correct oil for any required topping up.

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kwcms/kme/uk/en/assets/static/owners/service-maintenance/Oil Chart V18.11.pdf

For those of you with Kia care plans, your plan will remain valid and cover the cost of your service regardless of when it's undertaken.

We hope this helps and please get in touch if you need anything else.

KCS
The thread this post came from is here.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Here is a link from Parkers on the subject. Not necessarily definitive, but does give a flavour for policies adopted by certain manufacturers. Note in some cases the requirement to have had the service cancelled by the dealer because of COVID!

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
479 Posts
I fall into this category as car was registered in the march and servicing has been done in July twice. I plan to keep to the July schedule now, though not sure if I'm meant to jump back to march.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
I fall into this category as car was registered in the march and servicing has been done in July twice. I plan to keep to the July schedule now, though not sure if I'm meant to jump back to march.
I would have jumped back to the March, because that would be it's first registration date. But that is just my opinion, I have no idea which would be the correct way to go. I was lucky we picked our new car up three days before the first lock down and was fortunate to get its first service on the right date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.