Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friendly dealer just notified my my MOT is due soon & amongst there other services they are offering a special clean for just shy of £30 which they advise is done every year - for those of us who are tight / short of money (me) I thought Id copy the areas that are recommended to get attention if you want togo down the DIY route - the article was in today's Mail but originally came from Toyota, anti bacterial wipes would be best suited
1. Exterior door handles
2. Frame of door and roof
3. Interior door release
4. Window switches
5. Interior door handle
6. Door pocket
7. Seatbelts
8. Seatbelt clips
9. Seat adjust buttons
10. Steering wheel
11. Horn button
12. Control stalks
13. Driver air vents
14. Dashboard
15. Power button
16. Gear shift
17. Multimedia screen
18. Central air vents
19. Heating controls
20. Glovebox
21. Log book
22. Central storage compartment
23. Cupholders
24. Rear-view mirror
25. Interior lights
26. Grab handle
27. Key
28. Head rests
29. Seat pockets
30. Rear central tab
31. Fuel cap
32. Wheel valves
33. Boot lid
34. Parcel shelf
35. Boot floor tab
36. Boot close button
37. Bonnet lid
38. Washer cap
39. Dipstick
40. Oil cap

·
Super Moderator
2,650 Posts
Most people can forget 32, 39, 40 as doubtful they ever get touched between services.
21?

But hey, if you have some anti bacterial wipes to waste why not :ROFLMAO: Many of us have nothing better to do.

For the many who do not
Home made will do (y)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you can incorporate many into your normal car wash routine a quick wipe where sweaty fingers might have been makes a lot of sense ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
How much does this add to the resale value of the car? Zilch. How much value does it add to the dealer ? £30.
Amazing the new ways they come up with of separating the motorist from his/her money/ Just like the government in fact!
Interesting .Jut wear gloves all day ad touch nothing.

·
Super Moderator
2,650 Posts
Amazing the new ways they come up with of separating the motorist from his/her money/ Just like the government in fact!
Agree, just a money making scheme.

But if you share a car with others it actually does make sense. People will spend hours on the outside, but forget about the bits we touch all the time.

Interesting .Jut wear gloves all day ad touch nothing.
Our hands’ natural reaction to a tight, hot environment – sweat – can make wearing gloves uncomfortable and even lead to skin problems that make the issue worse. When skin is exposed to sweat for a prolonged time, it weakens and becomes more vulnerable; the moist environment is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and fungus. In short, gloves are a necessary precaution, but without taking steps to reduce sweat buildup gloves quickly become a source of discomfort and health issues.

As a biker I'm well aware of just how bad gloves can get. Stinky is a understatement....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sort of admired the dealers way of looking to make money out of the fear surrounding this horrible disease but no I dont mind paying for things like mechanical or electrical but cleaning I can do myself - I would like to see how much time they spent on a car for their 30 quid :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts