Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was supposed to get a 2020 '20' plate e-Niro in a few days however, the dealer called to say they were shutting down 'cos of the virus. No staff in the branches. My car is in the UK somewhere en route to the dealership.

I didn't want to grumble -- we're all in this together etc.

But my question is: do I stand to lose out in terms of new car registration value? If the crisis continues for say another 6 months and I'm unable to pickup my car, then by August we'll be into the '70' (August) car reg plates.

I'm not one who needs a brand new reg plate -- it means not very much to me. . . but do I get to ask for a '70' if this drags on?

·
Super Moderator
2,445 Posts
Afraid that is a question that only time will answer.
Yes if it gets close to the 1st Sept.
Although you may have to really twist dealers arm on it as I think it could well be a very busy time for them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I picked my car up last Friday, 20th. I live very close to Immingham. The car was delivered to my Scunthorpe dealer on Thursday. It was not registered with DVLA until the Friday. Main franchise dealers will not register the car until it is in their hands. My car was on order from last April and could have been delivered Dec/Jan but I told the dealer I wanted it on a 20 plate and it was held back until then. Hope this helps but in reality, it's not a problem these days, mileage & MY are far more important.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ordered my Niro 4 in December ,dealer has kept me up to date as to where it is .Kia cars have stopped all deliveries and Dealer has shut down (Dover Garage Aldershot) and mine is stuck in the Customs shed .so will not be getting mine for a few months

·
Registered
525 Posts
You could be like me, brand new car sat on the drive and we can't go anywhere in it (except for shopping). I'm itching to be using my car and it is just sat gathering dust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts