Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title really. Been looking ata Sorento, around the 05 - 07 reg and keep seeing the XE-C's for sale. I know these have no rear seats orseatbelts and the rear windows dont go down but are there any other differences? Do they still have the full length curtain airbags?

Also, how easy would it be to convert is to a car? I see that despite it not having rear windows that lower, it has the normal 4 electric window switch on the drivers door. Would the wiring all be in place and could I just fit the mechanism, motors and switches to get the rear windows working? Would the seat and seatbelt mounts be in place?

Basically what I'm asking is if I bought one, could I retro fit all the parts from a scrap yard to use it as a car?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yes, everything is there, just need switches, seatbelts and seats.
XE-C's are converted in the uk by removing and covering said bits.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Could make a very interesting proposition!

Do you know if all the bits are still within the rear windows to make them go up and down?

And are all the airbags still the same?

Many thanks
Edited by: Matt D

·
Registered
235 Posts
As Murphwiz stated, everything is there....they are very common here in Ireland and most guys buy them as commercials as road tax only ‚¬286 compered to nearly ‚¬800 for private use. Keep them for 2 years, refit all the bits and apply for private test and save a couple of grand on the vrt tax here.

Over here the floors are 4mm plate tacked down on a light frame and carpeted over...very easy to remove.

I have a Sedona but its a 5 seat commercial.

Taff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the great advice guys, I've only gone and bought one! Some good negotiating got it £2500 cheaper than it's 'normal' xe equivalent. Been having a nosy round for parts and I reckon £350 should do it easily, so made much more financial sense to buy a sorento this way! Now the fun begins of stripping it and rebuilding it as a car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts