Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

i just picked up my 05 sportage tonight and when getting out, didnt notice a courtesy light come on as i opened the door.

Is there meant to be one or just the two manual ones that go on?? Could it just be a bulb that has blown?? Would you say they are easy enough to fix if thats the case??

Kind Regards

Conor

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Check the switch on the roof light it is a 3 position with off, on, or courtesy light operation.

If the light does not light in any position then I think your bulb or fuse have gone?

If it does light in one of the positions then cortesy switch maybe faulty.

Bob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Kia Passa

I'll have a look at it this morning as i had picked it up lasst night and it was starting to get dark and blowing an absolute gale so wanted to get into the house (big warm open fire) asap!!!

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just had a look and the front courtesy light doesnt seem to have an automatic light at all. It just has the 2 push button lights and then a plastic bit in the middle. The courtesy light for the back works ok though.

I was just wondering is this the case for everyones front light that have 05's

Kind Regards

Conor

·
Registered
197 Posts
The 2 lights by the mirror are manual only and are supposed to be map reading lights. You should then have 2 roof lights (centre and load area) with the 3 way switch system(off/on, door). Most models also have a light in the load area on the left side which is rear door activated. The interior lights should come on when you unlock the car provided they are set to 'door'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that seems to be the way of things alright Blow In

Many thanks

On another note, is the steering wheel meant to lock? Reason im asking is that no matter how much i seem to jiggle mine, it doesnt lock??

Kind Regards

Conor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah just found that out. It locks when you turn it anti clockwise (about 11 o'clock if the wheel was a clock and straight ahead was 12 o'clock)
I hope that makes sense!!!

Thanks Guys!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts