Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kia is in dock at the dealer awaiting a new sensor. Has anyone ever been successful in getting a "courtesy" car/loaner from their dealer? (I'm aware that they have no obligation to do so).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Its at the dealer's discretion really.

These days if you aren't a long-term/repeat customer I'd say its very unlikely you'll get any sort of courtesy car unless the dealer is at fault. Most of them have been sold due to the sky-high used-car prices in the UK.

You might be able to get the dealer to part/fully fund a hire car but again it'll be dependent upon the relationship you have with the dealer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine will usually loan you a car if you book well in advance. They normally charge a tenner. However on one occasion the guy who sold me the car just threw me the keys to his car (a Ceed) and said take that, I won't need it till 5 O clock.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The irony with this policy (no loan car), is that if Kia always offered a loan car with servicing / repairs etc (when requested) they would do their reputation no end of good.
I can understand why they don't (insurance etc) but folks have a car for a reason and normally its so they can remain mobile, which is mightly inconvenient during servicing and even more so during lengthy repairs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The irony with this policy (no loan car), is that if Kia always offered a loan car with servicing / repairs etc (when requested) they would do their reputation no end of good.
I can understand why they don't (insurance etc) but folks have a car for a reason and normally its so they can remain mobile, which is mightly inconvenient during servicing and even more so during lengthy repairs.
Totally agree with that. The most frustrating thing is that having no idea - it could be several days or several weeks delay - I can't plan ahead.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Tommo3000

If this is still off the road, please PM us with the reg and dealer name so we can consider the circumstances.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed
Wow...I'm just off the blower to the dealer. I've been advised that they're expecting the sensor in tomorrow's consignment and will ring me asap if it's arrived. Thank you so much anyway (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts