Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else got corrosion on roof rails of SW? Mine is corroding on all four end brackets on the underneath where they fasten to the centre rails. Also signs of corrosion on one end of one of the centre rails too.

Looks like yet another warranty job.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
suttonseven said:
Why bother posting unless the dealer refuses to sort it.

Paul
That's a bit unfair Paul, I'm sure we'd all like to hear about people's problems, before and after speaking to the dealer about it. Hopefully it will have a happy ending and we'll get a post to say it's sorted!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yeh the guy was really just asking if anyone else had the same problems. Also giving a heads up on the problem to other ceed owners..

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I honestly do not think this forum (or any forum) is the place toask about faults unless the dealer/Kia have said noor have been unable to repair them to your satisfaction. You should take faults up with the dealer first and give them the opportunity to sort them, a vast majority will be corrected with no further issues.

Several weeks ago a chap was on here suggesting that the Kia7 year warranty was rubbishwould not cover anything after 5 years, turned out eventually that he did not even have a Kia, supposedly had a Sportage on order, with luck he has cancelled his order if he has so little faith in the product. I do wonder what hidden agenda some posters have.

If a non-Kia owner came on here before buying he would probably run a mile, its mostly complaints and moaning about cars and dealers. I have said it before but we should be more positive and highlight good dealers and good service, if things go wrong we should certainly air our views but not before the dealer has been given a fair chance.

It has been said before that Kia take no notice of this forum, no wonder really is it. If the views were more balanced they may take up some customers issues aired on her.

End of moan.

Paul

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I asked if anyone else had the same problem purely to see if it was covered by the warranty and if it was sorted to their satisfaction.
what is the point of a forum if you cannot ask a civil question?

Still it's better than endless drivel about MPG and all the possible permutations you can come up with.

Kia should take notice of comments on this forum. That is if they care about their customers. Although from my own experience they are not very helpful anyway.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Why wouldn't it be covered by the warranty, if its paint its 5 years, if its corrosion from under its 10 or 12 depending on the age of the car. Stone chips are not covered of course but surely it cannot be stone chips on the roof rails. Since the oldest Ceed is yet to get to 5 it has to be covered. That is unless they take Fords approach and deem that everything is trim and trim is not covered.

Completely agree with your comment aboutthe mpg drivel, time that thread was locked, and I ammore guilty as most in keeping it going just by trying to prove in the real world consumption can vary.

I don't think any mainstrean manufacturer takes any notice of forums, they all think they are populated mainly by moaners. I am a member of several Kit Car forums and the quality of the dialogue on those sites makes you realise why they listen, on those sites the MD's post information.

Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, I agree kia and dealer are not helpful, same with my experience with them. The missus really like the ceed but i can not find a good dealer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Please, lets calm down everyone.
This could be a great place to exchange ideas, views and thoughts on the C'eed. Lets not waste too much energy sl*gging others off, if you dont like what they have to say dont reply, just ignore it.
What we need here is effective moderation which AFAICT this forum doesnt have.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I don't think it's a good idea to shoot someone down in flames just because they have a concern about what may be their pride and joy. Then we'd end up with no-one posting anything on this forum.
Plus, I think it's a good thing for people to post their problems, then topost again to say it was sorted under warranty as that shows the world that the warranty is worth something. People are going to have problems and it's good to see them getting satisfactory results.

Next week I'm going to have several things replaced under warranty. I don't have time to go running to the dealer everytime something isn't as it should be - I tend to save things up for the next service and getthem sorted then. But I often like to chat to people and find out their opinions about what I should expect to be covered and what is not before I have to go into the dealer and try and arguemy case - even if that's just a perception onmy part.

On the whole, Kia dealers are sub standard and I say that from personal experience. I think this is because Kia cars are just a sideline for most dealers, they don't make much money off of them and they have to deal with customers with warranty work - which I suspect is not very lucrative for them. I have resorted to going to Viking Kia in Southampton, even though it is miles out of my way. They sponsor this forum, if they can't get it right, who can?

Kia make reasonable cars for a reasonable price. We should not be deluded into thinking Kia cars are perfect, they are not. You get what you pay for, but you do expect a certain standard. People who are interesting in buying Kias would like to know what problems they should look out for and then base their decision on what they read - bearing in mind that they will have to balance up many factors including price, fuel economy, reliability, driveability, warranty and customer service, all ofwhich will vary widely from one brand to another.

For me I'm glad to see how many posts there are with people having problems - that is a genuine forum where real people go to let off steam and it's not a forum for Kia propaganda.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.