Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 13 plate Cee'd 2 for 3 months. Just noticed the passenger side cornering light isn't working, from what i could tell it's part of the main headlight when looking at the drivers side coming on in my house window reflection. Is it the same bulb as the dipped beam or a stand alone bulb?

My car is going in for many issues next week, so far not happy with it at all :(

Brake problem - under medium heavy braking when going downhill the brakes disengage for a second causing the car to lurch forward when hitting bad potholes uneven tarmac or metal drain covers. Changed my tyres to a better brand thinking it was these but it's not. This is seriously dangerous!

Hand Brake isn't ratcheting properly and won't work 80% of the time, thankfully it's an Auto!

Daytime running light has failed on the drivers side

Speakers shut off mid phone call around the 15 min mark every time. Have to switch back to handset then straight back to car to activate them again

Car windscreen is steaming up randomly several times a journey.

I'm beginning to wonder if i've bought a Lemon!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Sounds like you need to speak to your dealer, you certainly have at least one warranty claim (drl failure) in that list.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the windscreen thing is kinda normal with Ceeds and Rios especially.

Conering light is usually just a h7 bulbs... easily swappable...

the rest sounds like a nightmare though...
Sounds like the car has been in a unrecorded accident tbh... My Grandfather had similar issues with a 6 month old Ford B max. Turned out I was right, it had been in a accident and the one random odd tyre on the rear axle was the biggest give away along with the squeaking.
I would not keep that car, I'd return it to a dealer if you bought it from a dealer...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ash5Percent said:
Sounds like the car has been in a unrecorded accident tbh...
OP has a few issues with his car.....In the absence of any facts whatsoever you come up with that statement.

Ridiculous scaremongering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What i find strange is that no one so far has had the same issue with the braking... I half expected it to be a known issue probably the result of a design floor. My wife said i had another car way back that did the same but i don't remember.

Soooo i expect it to be a faulty ABS module perhaps being too temperamental where there's tyre slip or maybe something wrong with the suspension. It's easily replicable as long as i'm braking downhill and going over a drain/pot hole or uneven road surface so i'll try and show the dealer on Friday if i have time.

The handbrake it totally buggered now

Edited by: Doeboy

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
It sounds as though your abs is kicking in - are you sure you aren't hitting the brakes rather hard? I occasionally get the abs vibration on a particular road near me when I'm braking firmly in the wet and one wheel gets onto a very smooth manhole cover. It doesn't happen under normal (ie gentle) braking.

Regarding your handbrake - it sounds as though someone has been yanking it on without depressing the release button. I agree it shouldn't wear out but every time you hear the ratchet working it is wearing. I was taught to treat things like that with sympathy, the quieter the better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts