Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Replaced rad cap after 'loosing' water thro expansion tank pipe to road. Replaced thermostat water is only 'loosing' cup/mug full into expansion tank and NOT out to road.MY QUESTIONI need explaning is...when the rad cap is removed should I see coolant below the kneck?...Does the coolant system suck water back out of the expansion tank to replenish itself?...Do I fill the radiator through the rad cap or the expansion tank. I have no leaks, the Kia Mechanic has used a devise to check not fuel in the water. Heaters blow hot and cold as normal thro front and back heaters.Water temp guage upto half never over.
So how does the rad/expansion tank system work.
Thanks Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
141 Posts
that is normal had this with many cars i have worked on and owned.

yes it put water to the expansion tank the only time you should worry is if it is getting to much presusre and over filling the bottle and over flowing.
if the heater is blowing hot and cold then the system is in good order the normal sign of gasket or head cracking would be over heating and over flowing expansion tank and the heater not working correctly as it would no rmaly get air locks when this happens and the blow cold after a short while.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for that. I will keep driving and trusting the system again....I love my car.
Steve Gx Blackpool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts