Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 56 plate new shape Sedona that seems to overheat now and then. It seems to be fine for everyday use, but intermittently overheats. I have had the thermostat,rad capand temp sensor replaced, the water pump removed and checked. the heaters front and back get nice and hot, and the rad fans come in as they should. However the coolant bottle level rises above the full mark, right upto the top of the bottle, when on a long run this then overflows and causes engine to have low coolant/overheat. I have had a combustion test carried out and its ok(fluid stays same colour).

has anyone else experienced this? Help please!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hello woohoo for what its worth i was plagued with this problem on a Renault campervan I had. It was an airlock in the cooling system , I was advised to run engine warm and then remove expansion tank lid off to let air escape. This did not work until some old salt told me to have the front of the car up on ramps to help as trapped air will rise to the highest point . That did work . Hope its something as simple as that for yourself. regards...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi bordeauxdad, thought it was airlock originally, tried everything like front raised to bleed through, but still no luck! going to keep trying things, thanks for replying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts