Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 3.5 V6 Sorento, Auto, 40000mls. Until 2 days ago it had run like a dream. now its developed two faults. The first is a bad coolant leak from the back of the engine. I've searched with an endoscope to see if i can identify the source but can only identify where the leak manifests itself. At the back of the engine where it engine block joins to the bell housing of the gearbox; at the bottom of the housing, there is the small inspection cover. The cover is held on by 2 M10/M12 hex hd screws. Either side of that there are 2 M6 screws that travel vertically up into what looks like the body of the bell housing. There purpose isn't clear. The housing around each of the screws is machined away so the the first (or last) portion of the shank of the screw is visible in the 20mm ish cutout. Coolant water is dripping from that cutout, but there is no clear leak path that can be seen to identify where the water is comming from. does anyone know what the cause is. I've removed the inspection cover and inspected the corner towards the leak. All is clean. No corrosion or coolant can be seen. I've ckecked the coolant circuit at the top back of the engine in the area of the cylinderheads but againall is dry and no sign of a leak. Help...!! i'm really flumuxed by this one....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts