Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've bought a kia ceed 4 2015 plate and I've noticed a problem with the coolant system. I've had it flushed and see vied by Kia yet the issue still unresolved.
I'm losing coolant but I cant see it leaking on the floor however, there are wet patched on the engine bay.
Ive noticed 3 coolant pipes collapsed when I've open the hood in the morning to check coolant level. Once I open the radiator cap, pipes are back to normal and coolant level is reduced so I have to top it up.
I'm confused as I don't have much knowledge about cars therefore would really appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I highly doubt its the radiator cap as the whole radiator is new.
I will check the expansion vessel.
Pipes at the bottom are collapsed too

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too sure to be honest, bought it like that.
Also, the coolant was pink when I gave it to kia but when I got it back, the coolant is blue 🙄

·
Registered
Picanto 4 ISG mk2 (TA) 2015 1.25
11 Posts
Pink coolant usually signifies a long life OAT or HOAT type coolant and blue a straightforward traditional ethylene glycol coolant. Although this is not definitive. You could probably write a book on the subject. These days, the rule with coolant is to stick to whatever was the original factory fill because the different types can form a gunk or sludge if mixed. It doesn't sound like this has been done. A flush does not remove all the coolant, there will still be a little retained somewhere. I don't know what type of coolant is used in the Ceed so don't know which is correct for your car but it sounds like at least one mistake has been made : Either when it was refilled after the new radiator and/or when Kia did the flush for you. Kia should have at least noticed this when they did the flush. Also it doesn't sound like the system has been bled correctly. This could of course be because there is a blockage or possibly because the thermostat isn't working.

Take it back to Kia and tell them what is happening and your concerns about the type of coolant used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent advise and detailed feedback. Thank you very much. I will take it up with kia and see what they have to say.
Also noticed a water whooshing sound behind the dash when I switch on the car from cold.
And the coolant pipes are soft and makes a slushing noise when I squash the pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gent, coolant leak has been resolved.

The issue was 3/4 faulty hose clips which have been replaced, re antifreeze and tested OK.

No more whooshing noise when I start the car from cold :)

Appreciate your help guys 👍🏼👏🏻

1 - 11 of 11 Posts