Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of these off Banggood. Was seriously suspicious having been burned with a similar one before but this one is the dogs doo daa's. It about the size of a ladies purse but works astonishingly well. Mine is the 13000mah model.

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
There's a number of similar devices available now at a wide range of prices and alleged power outputs. Given the size of the complete kit, compared to the machines available just a few years ago, taking up next to no space in the boot area, I think everyone should carry one.

I say that because we all know the aggravation that a flat battery causes, not to mention the potential for expensive damage that jump-starting from a donor vehicle close by can create, these devices are a godsend.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
They are very popular this winter it seems; normal sales I guess being bolstered by all these cars not doing the miles in lockdown. I've been after a Noco GB40 for a few weeks, but they seem to be sold out at most stockists.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I've been after a Noco GB40 for a few weeks, but they seem to be sold out at most stockists.
Equally, my Arteck 900a model seems to be difficult to locate these days. Have you considered some of the other models in the Noco range? Based on the performance to date of mine, starting a couple of diesel engines, the GB40 model seems like overkill. Their less expensive models should do the job perfectly well, I'd suggest.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Equally, my Arteck 900a model seems to be difficult to locate these days. Have you considered some of the other models in the Noco range? Based on the performance to date of mine, starting a couple of diesel engines, the GB40 model seems like overkill. Their less expensive models should do the job perfectly well, I'd suggest.
Overkill, oh yes; you can tell they are designed in American for American cars, can't you? :giggle:

Sadly the GB20 seems equally unavailable. I can get one in-store at Halfords about 14 miles away, but I think that might be stretching it as being 'staying local' under current lockdown!

Regards the charging, I'd probably keep one indoors most of the time and use it as a battery bank for my phone, just to routinely cycle it, rather than risk leaving it in the cold, cold boot of the KIA.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I can get one in-store at Halfords about 14 miles away, but I think that might be stretching it as being 'staying local' under current lockdown!
Good point! Although I didn't know this till a moment ago, Halfords offer delivery and here is a link: delivery-information

·
Registered
973 Posts
Foiled at every turn!

But strangely it appears the GB20 is now in stock locally, better add that to my basket for click-and-collect straight away!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Foiled at every turn!
But strangely it appears the GB20 is now in stock locally, better add that to my basket for click-and-collect straight away!
It all depends on what they have in the GB warehouse. Since Brexit they are not dispatching anything with batteries direct to customers from China anymore. However they clearly do seem to be able to get them into their GB warehouse (maybe its a bulk thing, I don't know) but I have just bought the more expensive one for my wife's car and it was shipped yesterday.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My original one, that I bought from Costco was a Winplus 8000mah model AC55929. It NEVER worked, sadly the first time I needed to use it the window for return had elapsed. However it turned out to be the step up switching adaptor, the one that connects to the leads. I bought a replacement set off Banggood and now it works. BUT I STILL WOULD NOT !!!! RECOMMEND YOU BUYING ON OF THESE. Rather buy the one I listed above or a similar one.

Replacement leads

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have just bought one of these.
Far more convenient than Jump Leads but quite pricey compared to Jump Leads.
Mrs Car had not been started in several Weeks. Battery not completely dead but not good enough to turn the the Engine over.
Started it. Drove 15 Miles to Work and needed to use it again in the Evening. Didn't need to charge inbetween.

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Sadly the GB20 seems equally unavailable. I can get one in-store at Halfords about 14 miles away, but I think that might be stretching it as being 'staying local' under current lockdown!
That distance is how far we go for the main weekly shop...
Anything else is walking distance for me, but if Mrs wants out then it is a car trip.

·
Registered
973 Posts
That distance is how far we go for the main weekly shop...
Anything else is walking distance for me, but if Mrs wants out then it is a car trip.
For me the 14 mile trip it would mean crossing the county line, and there have been checkpoints there according to our local rag. Fortunately though when I'm not shopping for boosters, I have everything we need on our doorstep.

Anyway, I now have a GB20 in my possession. Looking forward to charging it tomorrow; in these strange times it might be the highlight of my week!

Reactions: iooi
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.