Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about converting my fog lights to LED lights - has anyone done this in the UK. I have read various articles and done some searching and there appears to be conflicting information concerning the type of bulb originally fitted ie H10 etc - I could look at the original fitment but do not wish to keep "climbing" in the wheel arch to check !!
Also has anyone fitted a spare wheel into the boot space and if so was it the recommended Kia wheel or a third party product ie Thewheelshop?

Super Moderator
Wheelshop is fine for spare. Plenty have gone that route. Only thing to be careful of, is when jacking make sure it is a solid surface as last thing you want is jack slipping and puncturing the battery pack.
Which is why Kia do not recommend users jacking the car up.

Registered
Do they want it returned to the dealer every time a tyre needs changing/repairing? How ridiculous!

are there clear jacking points on the Niro? I use a trolley at home but I won鈥檛 have that luxury out on the road! My trolley jack fills the boot!

Super Moderator
Do they want it returned to the dealer every time a tyre needs changing/repairing? How ridiculous!

are there clear jacking points on the Niro? I use a trolley at home but I won鈥檛 have that luxury out on the road! My trolley jack fills the boot!
No, you don't have to go to a dealer. Just use somewhere that will not use the jacking points, due to the risk of damage to the battery pack if car slips...

Kia are just using the same body parts as the rest of the Niro range..
They cover the "Not to jack the car" in the handbook.

KIA are just covering themselves in case someone tries to jack car on a unsafe ground, car rolls off and jack punctures battery pack with all the resulting risk to life. Never mind the cost to the owner. As it clearly would not be a warranty job... You can just see the media reaction if no warnings & resulting court claims...

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
I鈥檒l read my handbook to see what it says!

I鈥檒l need to find somewhere to jack it up.
You could put the handbook between the jack and the car - that would spread the load.....馃槉

• Haha
Reactions: Llanigraham
1 - 7 of 7 Posts