Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone can direct me to where i can lay my hands on continental headlights for my incoming Sportage as the price i've payed for has not included the said mentioned items. I need the headlights in order for the vehicle to be registered over here in Germany as I'm currently serving over here.
Many thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi Sportage11,
I have had mine in Germany since last November, thought I would have to do something with the headlights. But if you have HID headlights they are straight beams so you don't have to change anything.

Edited by: ianv

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ian,

Again, many thanks, just for clarification which model within the Sportage range have you got as I have ordered the Sportage 2.

Regards

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi Sportage11,
Just had a look at the specs & the 2 has normal head lights.
I have the KX-3 which has the Xenon headlights.
I used to have a Sportage 2009 which I also used in Germany and I just used to dip the headlights down to level 3 and never had any problems with people flashing me.
Does the 2 have the manual headlight levelling selector?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just read your post again... are you going to register yours in Germany??
TUV and all that C***p!!
Edited by: ianv

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Ianv,

Regarding your last post, because I am based out here for another 2 years I have to BFG register our incoming 11 plate Sportage...otherwise the BFG Nazis will not allow both myself and my dearest onto the base..grrr!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mmmm... Whichever way you look at it, you are going to end up changing the headlights I think.
Have a look at this web site http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/index.php?cPath=30_401_442
Should be cheaper than ordering from KIA.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
But I know what it is like over here... all I get is ""Es ist forbiden" !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts