Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Soul suffers from a rattle. From the drivers seat, it sounds as if it is from the passenger door. But after a lot of climbing around the car while it was being driven, we've found it is from the centre console between the two front seats, on the passenger side, next to the passenger seat belt.If you just push your hand between the passenger seat and the plastic console, it stops. So I now leave my wallet pushed down there to stop the rattle.
Anyone else had this. I've tried to find what is causing it by accessing the console from the back, but it isn't easy to get too. I suspect it is a broken clip or fixing. It is very annoying and gets very load some times.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i have got exactly the same rattle....but not tried to trace it like you. I assumed it was in the door and was waiting till the service to have it sorted. Will check if your cure works for me!....can i borrow your wallet?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rattle mostly sounds as if it is from the passenger front door or sometimes from the rear door, but it is from the centre console next to the passenger seat belt. The rattle in ours is now constant. It's very annoying (when I don't have my wallet to push down there).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Talking of Rattles does anybody get a rattle/vibration from the gear lever under load in the lower gears????.....mines a Diesel and it dosent do it all the time - so i cant replicate it for the dealer.

·
Registered
662 Posts
can you let me know the reg of your car just in case you trade it in so i can check for your wallet sounds like it may be better than the 10p down the back of the rear seat

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a rattle occasionally. To me it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side. From the passenger side it seems to be coming from the drivers side. The cure- remove anything from the cup holder section in the centre console. Even the tinyest thing like a paperclip will cause an annoying rattle far greater than the size of the object. I will have to get some of that grippy foam stuff and cut it to size.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have a rattle on my Tempest from the passenger side and I have found a cure,I have left the wife behind and do you know its gone

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dave R said:
I have a rattle on my Tempest from the passenger side and I have found a cure,I have left the wife behind and do you know its gone

Dave, Top Man. non pc humour - I love it!!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't you mean there was a constant whine?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When my wallet isn't stopping the rattle in the Kia, it's in my wife's handbag. I rarely get my hands on itnowadays!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts