Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ive ordered a hev Sportage 4 as couldnt justify the extra for GTLS and the only things I could see different was interior trim and 10 way electric seats.
So like I said car ordered only for another dealer to contact me today and without telling them Ive ordered questioned this as the dealer Im buying from were vague.
Ive been told that my spec 4 will come with electric seats, memory seats (drivers position plus 2 others), powered tailgate (not smart)
Now the dealer who rang me this morning tells me not, so out with the brouchers again and would seem seats are electric, but in what way, no mention on any trim about seat memory multi positions and only a smart tailgate listed on the GTLS.

SO ranf Kia direct and got an absolute lemon, dictating that the dealers have all the info and why was I contacting them. I told them I had all the blerb and was defo not listed, he kepton about the dealers have all the knowledge again I told him not so asked which dealer. I told him then he told me noone there had the name I given, so hung up and now thinking about cacelling and buying another brand.

So if Kia themselves dont know what they are building, what chance has any dealer? I hope someone on here can put me right, beacause if the dealer is trying it on then I will cancel. Its not a jealous dealer issue just in case as they dont know ive ordered, just undecided. They did maintain the hybrid 2wd petrol would return 60mpg nothing ive read states that high, so would like to know an average.

TIA guys

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all,

Ive ordered a hev Sportage 4 as couldnt justify the extra for GTLS and the only things I could see different was interior trim and 10 way electric seats.
So like I said car ordered only for another dealer to contact me today and without telling them Ive ordered questioned this as the dealer Im buying from were vague.
Ive been told that my spec 4 will come with electric seats, memory seats (drivers position plus 2 others), powered tailgate (not smart)
Now the dealer who rang me this morning tells me not, so out with the brouchers again and would seem seats are electric, but in what way, no mention on any trim about seat memory multi positions and only a smart tailgate listed on the GTLS.

SO ranf Kia direct and got an absolute lemon, dictating that the dealers have all the info and why was I contacting them. I told them I had all the blerb and was defo not listed, he kepton about the dealers have all the knowledge again I told him not so asked which dealer. I told him then he told me noone there had the name I given, so hung up and now thinking about cacelling and buying another brand.

So if Kia themselves dont know what they are building, what chance has any dealer? I hope someone on here can put me right, beacause if the dealer is trying it on then I will cancel. Its not a jealous dealer issue just in case as they dont know ive ordered, just undecided. They did maintain the hybrid 2wd petrol would return 60mpg nothing ive read states that high, so would like to know an average.

TIA guys
Hi I have ordered a GT LINE S after heavy like you debating if it worth it over the 4 trim. What I have had confirmed from my kia dealer as well as looking in depth on the spec sheet is that the 4 trim doesn't have memory saving function to the front seats.
Only electric movement is forward and height no lumbar support nor tilting support.
No electric tailgate on the 4 trim only GT LINE S

What the GT LINE S has over the 4 which I would be useful to me hence why I justified the cost (to the misses lol) is

VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
10 ELECTRIC DRIVER SEAT /8 PASSENGER SEAT
2 MEMORY SAVING DRIVING SEAT
ELECTRIC TAILGATE OR SMART TAILGATE
THE LOOKS OF THE VEHICLE SIGHTLY DIFFERENT.

Electric tailgate is a god send when out shopping or having hands full.
Ventilated seats never had before but on my test drive they worked so good
Electric seats with memory makes life easier as misses drives in a very different position.

Hope the info helps

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
479 Posts
I've got ventilated on my Ceed. It's pretty good to stop you sticking to the "leather" seats

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've got ventilated on my Ceed. It's pretty good to stop you sticking to the "leather" seats
I didn't expect it to do much tbh but after 30 secs I was wow cool as a cucumber lol had to turn it off. Another option as is climate etc could have climate off and just use the seats and sunroof etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically the launch model is the one to go for? and agree a powered tailgate is a godsend. But now am thinking have been conned as 2 dealers saying different things and their head office not wanting to help. Not good at all

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
479 Posts
Seems pretty poor service. These are the kind of things that should be simple but that we users remember and build faith and loyalty on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So basically the launch model is the one to go for? and agree a powered tailgate is a godsend. But now am thinking have been conned as 2 dealers saying different things and their head office not wanting to help. Not good at all
Depends what your after. Launch edition has no seat memory function and not as much electric movement as I previously stated nor electric tailgate.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
304 Posts
From little I've seen CS doesn't seem to have much idea.

The spec is listed clearly on the Kia site for comparison, so you don't have to refer to dealer's, assuming it's accurate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a C5 aircross on lease thats going back and made it clear I wanted something as close as possible. Tailgate powered was a must as for seating if were only me then wouldnt matter. But as it aint and I hate getting it back to my position was welcomed. If the seat goes forward and back nothing else then is a waste of time. The mpg now if is as low as being stated im getting out of the car and will find something else. This im buying not leasing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As confusing as it is have a look at the next photos. I added to a few chatrooms.
The hard bit is look at the lower model before your model and compare. Eg. Look at 2 and compare with GT LINE and 3.
On the top left it will say the model and then extras. ( I hope you get why I’m saying as spec sheet is not great)

Publication Font Material property Newsprint Paper

Font Material property Paper Publication Paper product

Hope this helps

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a C5 aircross on lease thats going back and made it clear I wanted something as close as possible. Tailgate powered was a must as for seating if were only me then wouldnt matter. But as it aint and I hate getting it back to my position was welcomed. If the seat goes forward and back nothing else then is a waste of time. The mpg now if is as low as being stated im getting out of the car and will find something else. This im buying not leasing.
I agree about the electric seats that gain why I went for the GT LINE S because you can move it 10 ways more then you need lol. As you need the electric tailgate then you will need to go for the GT LINE S

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like you put the same marks in the book as me! but even in the GTLs listing does not mention memory seats. What mpg do you get from yours? close to what they say or like others writing on here no where near.

·
Registered
91 Posts
From how I read it.
2+ launch are basic and only have manual seats
3+4 have electric adjustable seats ( I am guessing, forward/ back sit up and recline.)
GTLineS has full electric seats

blah blah blah. Higher the spec the more you get.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats why I questioned all before and the dealer couldnt be clear and as for the head office is really putting me off what looks to be a cracking car, but without the clarity think might go look at Citroen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’ve not got mine yet. I ordered 21st Feb. Pfffft!
I don’t think you will get 60mpg on hev.
From what I’ve seen 39-45 mpg depending on how light footed you are.

60mpg possible on PHEV.
ok so MPG is something every car owner looks at. But each person drives differently.
I never trust them in regards to mpg. Or the electric car equivalent.
I think car manufacturers give non realistic figures to sell cars. There is no way in everyday life we can get the ideal optimum Scenario. So take what they have and minus 15 miles…. Hahahaha. Sounds about right..

·
Registered
772 Posts
From how I read it.
2+ launch are basic and only have manual seats
3+4 have electric adjustable seats ( I am guessing, forward/ back sit up and recline.)
GTLineS has full electric seats

blah blah blah. Higher the spec the more you get.
Launch has electric seats

1 - 20 of 38 Posts