Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm about to buy a 2016 ceed sw gt line , and I noticed some condensation in the front headlights , is this normal? Does it clear normally or has the unit seal failed? Anyone èlse have issues? Cheers

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
826 Posts
I've never noticed it on my (same generation) Proceed, not to say it has never happened though! But I don't remember reading anything about it on here.

Recent weather has been bad for condensation and probably even worse for a car sat around on a car lot. If it's a little condensation at the corners, I wouldn't worry, but if it looks really wet with 'standing water' make sure you point this out to the vendor, so even if they won't replace it now, you can go back if it gets worse. New part from KIA will be expensive but I'm sure there will be loads in breakers yards.

Welcome to the forum by the way! And good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT
417 Posts
some Kia’s come equipped with moisture absorbing packs fitted to the headlights from the factory. Worth checking if that particular model is equipped with such and whether it needs replacing. You’ll be surprised how many things that should be replaced/serviced regularly are in fact not…

·
Registered
826 Posts
some Kia’s come equipped with moisture absorbing packs fitted to the headlights from the factory. Worth checking if that particular model is equipped with such and whether it needs replacing. You’ll be surprised how many things that should be replaced/serviced regularly are in fact not…
Good point, I had forgotten about those!

I think there was a thread in the Optima forum about that; OP, you might want to search for that.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,499 Posts
I would guess that a 2016 cr will have hd the bulbs changed a few times. so anything like these packs will long since have ended up thrown away.
Although have never seen them on the previous 3 Kia's. So wonder if it something new to avoid warranty claims or due to the extra heat from better bulbs.

Reactions: fenegroni

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, i was a bit worried as I thought it may lead to a problem with the electrics down the line , there's no standing water is more like a inverted V shape on the inside of the glass , on both headlights. I've pointed it out to the garage they said they could remove them , dry them out with a heater and reseal the units, I wasn't too sure about this so phoned kia to see if they would be covered by the warranty , still waiting for them to call me back,

Another issue I found with the car was the boot parcel shelf cover doesn't seem to retract and stay taught , its floppy. Any ideas to fix this? The garage said its because it hasn't been used? 🥴 Apart from that the cars mint 👌

·
Registered
826 Posts
Another issue I found with the car was the boot parcel shelf cover doesn't seem to retract and stay taught , its floppy. Any ideas to fix this? The garage said its because it hasn't been used? 🥴 Apart from that the cars mint 👌
I'd start with a decent squirt of Shock & Unlock in the mechanism, then a little penetrating oil of some sort. Worth a go...

Sounds like the lights aren't really an issue. I assume the vendor means they'll take the a bulb cover off the back and stick a hairdryer in there, not break the seal between the lens and the lamp body and put them in an oven!?

Personally, I suspect if you drive it enough with the headlights on they'll soon drive out the moisture.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,499 Posts
If it's one of the retractable ones. They do not stay taught. Due to the material they are made from. You can stand light items on them. But really never should leave any heavy items on a parcel shelf... They can become a dangerous flying object you do not hitting the back of your head.

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
270 Posts
Hi all, I'm about to buy a 2016 ceed sw gt line , and I noticed some condensation in the front headlights , is this normal? Does it clear normally or has the unit seal failed? Anyone èlse have issues? Cheers
Ah, you've got the GT line floodlight upgrade. 🌊

Reactions: Lancelot1937

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a reply from Kia, basically condensation in the headlights is not unusual especially in this cold weather, however it should clear within an hour with headlights on, if not its under warranty.

Picked the car up today, love it 👍

Need to get some mats now .

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
"Need to get some mats now " I've had about 26 new cars and never bought a set of mats. When I'm about to close the deal with the salesman I say "OK throw in a set of Manufacturer's mats and the deal is done. Only ever almost failed once and the Salesman said: "Sorry, I've gone as far as I can". As I got up to leave the Sales Manager said, "What's the problem?" I told him and he said "OK a set of mats it is". Remember they are probably making over £4,000 on the deal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Try Premier Products mats, they do a wide range of tailored shape mats for around £20-25. My drivers only lasted 3 years (just bought a new set of fronts only) as I do 17k per year and your heel does wear through over time on the cheapest fabric. You can pay extra for heavy duty. Better than the generic shapes ones from Halfrauds that now don't fit modern cars also the hook into the carpet to prevent sliding about.

SAD GIT alert - I have kept old mats as a "winter" mat and the new ones that I got for xmas as "summer" mats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Need to get some mats now " I've had about 26 new cars and never bought a set of mats. When I'm about to close the deal with the salesman I say "OK throw in a set of Manufacturer's mats and the deal is done. Only ever almost failed once and the Salesman said: "Sorry, I've gone as far as I can". As I got up to leave the Sales Manager said, "What's the problem?" I told him and he said "OK a set of mats it is". Remember they are probably making over £4,000 on the deal.
The car is 2016 so not new, they already gave me a 12 month warranty, (£200) only get 3 normally, refurbed all the alloys to mint (£50 easy a wheel,£200), full tank of diesel (£100) and got the tracking done, + Tax , so i was happy, (y),

1 - 13 of 13 Posts