Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my new picanto early December, been back to dealer twice so far for severe condensation on the inside of the the windscreen, noise on the near side, and the centre console going off. Anyone else had these probs

·
Registered
525 Posts
Centre Console going off??!! Please explain

Noise on near side?, please be more specific

Condensation probably due to cold weather and not using the car and /or not using aircon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The condensation is not the normal, much heavier I have to use the Karcher on it. The noise sounds as if there is a window slightly open or a gap somewhere and the console was just blank no Radio, cameras. Regards

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ours gets very wet if left overnight in the cold. I hate wiping the windsceen on any car as it leaves marks and streaks, but the alternative is to wait about 3 hours for it to clear! I have found that opening the driver's window on the 'last mile' home helps, but it shouldn't be necessary.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Never had a problem in my Picanto GT Line S with ACC but had a problem from my ex demo XCeed but solved with a moisture absorbing dehumidifier bag

·
Registered
594 Posts
Picanto 3 on a 70 plate and it is auto air on. Cheers
I'm sure this type of thing has been mentioned on here before & I think it was on cars with auto aircon. Maybe have a look through old threads.
Also possibly look in handbook at defog logic I think there's a setting to help prevent it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I get quite severe condensation on the inside of my windscreen, and it tends to mist up a bit if it's raining while driving. I've got auto climate, but I don't use it - fan speed changing on its own annoys me. Something that does bug me is the lack of a "windscreen" button to match the "feet" and "face" buttons so that I can have a gentle stream of air to the windscreen all the time, without pressing the "screen defrost" button and the fan going up to full blast so that I have to turn it down again. I've got auto climate in my Skoda, but it also has a "screen" direction button for manual use.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
We never use Auto on A/R always on manual for better overall control.

Someone else posted this, but if you get into a car with a wet coat. (go and hang the coat wet over a plastic bag in the house to see how much water it drips) All that moisture in the coat gets absorbed into the seat, as the car warms up it migrates to the air. As the car cools down (windscreen is a great cooling point) it ends up as condensation..

Same with the mats in the car, think how much rain & snow etc you deposit when getting in the car. It has to go somewhere.

Picanto does not have auto defog. Even on GT-S

Like mah006 we have moisture absorbing dehumidifier bags in our cars as sun gets on them early in the day and creates a real mess when they have frozen overnight.

TBH, if your car is just cycling between freezing cold & then sun on it. You will get condensation as it cools & heats. Moisture is in the air.

Same issue.

Reactions: Drwho2

·
Registered
594 Posts
I do find this odd as we have a Picanto 2 with Manual aircon & I use it everyday in Britain (I have to go into work despite lockdown) often starting early mornings & have no real issues with condensation.
It must just be down to the auto' climate control which is why i mention the defog logic stuff as it's mentioned in the handbook.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,055 Posts
Just a thought but does the condensation issue improve after the cabin filter has been changed? I've read that this filter frequently becomes blocked and damp and that once changed for new the condensation reduces (and hot air flow is much improved as well).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Our 2019 X-line (manual aircon) suffers from this issue. Very slow to clear needs about 5 minutes of max speed fan + full screen demist setting (aircon is always on).

I've checked for interior & heater core water leaks, none found. May be trait of the model. 😂

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, I have a 2010 Piccanto 1 with no aircon. I do garage it at night. But rarely have condensation issues unless very cold rain and then just use heater set to windscreen and turn up to 3 speed. Seems effective. Have you any leaks in door seals etc? In my Mondy the aircon ( climate control) will remove condo very quickly but only get that from rain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used to get this bad.
Now, in the last 2 mins of my journey home, I turn my fans off and open the passenger window all the way down. Not had a problem since.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Something that does bug me is the lack of a "windscreen" button to match the "feet" and "face" buttons so that I can have a gentle stream of air to the windscreen all the time, without pressing the "screen defrost" button and the fan going up to full blast so that I have to turn it down again. I've got auto climate in my Skoda, but it also has a "screen" direction button for manual use.
I've got a Picanto 3 with auto climate and I don't like the dedicated front screen setting, because it goes full speed and turns the aircon on, then when you turn the aircon off and turn the fan speed down, but leave it on the front screen setting, it reverts to full speed and aircon on again next time you start the car. So, I tend to leave it on the screen and floor option, which is the only way for directing air at the front screen in my car without using the front demist option. This isn't as ideal, because the airflow to the screen is weaker, due to it being split between the screen and floor.

My last few cars had the ability to select front screen only as past of the normal fan position options, which is what I usually left it on, and some had the option of being able to choose screen and floor, screen and face, and screen, floor and face.

As a side note, my partner's Stonic has front screen and floor, like my Picanto, but it also has a front screen, floor and face option, which mine doesn't have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts