Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced patches of condensation on both front headlight units? It looks unsightly and I think where there is moisture, there is trouble. Any ideas as to what to do. Just 1 month old, still under warranty, obviously!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Some condensation is normal. Excessive condensation is a safety risk! If you are worried, get it in to your local retailer, but dont be supprised if your warranty claim is refused if they are not compromising safety. Many models suffer from this, biggest ones I have seen is the Vauxhall Zafira. Nearly every Zafira has condensed headlights.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi. This is a known issue but not considered a problem. The issue is that the (cold) water on the outside of the lenses makes the lens cold and the moisture in the air on the inside of the lens then condenses on the lens. I believe there is a technical note in existence (copyright owned by KIA so not publishable) that explains the phenomenon and essentially says to educate the customer on the physics of the matter. It's not KIA specific and it isn't really a fault - more of a feature. Shouldn't bother with a warranty claim if I were you but I'd be interested to see what they say if you do press the matter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is totaly normal. I have the same "problem" too. My dealer told me that its normal... I also saw a lot of VW, BMW, Toyotas... which had also condensation in frontlights. As long as the lights work as they should, its ok I think.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi All, its quite normal, my Sportage had a bit in the front lamps this last few weeks, its due to the damp cold weather we have been having.
But notice after using the head lights for about 30 minutes the other night it cleared.

Also remember the head light units are not sealed and therefore moisture can get inside.

Even my old Toyota use to have the same problem with certain types of weather.

Bob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts