Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 plate Kia Sportage GT Line S HEV 2WD Infra Red from June 2023
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I currently have a 2019 plate VW Tiguan R Line Tech on a 4 year PCH deal and there's only one year left, and given the semiconductor problems, I decided I'd order my next lease early.

I looked at a bunch of different options but my final shortlist was between the Kia Sportage HEV, an MG HS PHEV and an MG ZS EV and I've test driven all three but although it's £100 a month more expensive than the MG ZS (yes, the electric car was the cheapest), the timing didn't work out as MG are taking orders now for October so they wouldn't hold that deal for me for 8 months so I've decided on the more expensive Sportage.

Anyway, just wanted to do a comparison between the two vehicles. I know it's slightly unfair as I'm comparing a 3 year old car to a new one but to be honest, I'm not impressed with the facelifted version of the Tiguan anyway, they've made it worse with capacitive buttons everywhere.

So here goes

What I prefer on the Tiguan
  • Rear passenger space. When the front seats are all the way back there's not a lot of leg room in the rear of the Sportage compared to the Tiguan. This surprised me as the Sportage is longer.
  • Speaking of the rear, the Tig has fold up picnic tables with pop out cup holders on the rear of the seats, they've come in useful when taking kids on long journeys, even if just using them as ipad holders. I'm not keen on the huge coat hooks built into the rear of the front headrests on the Sportage, would make it awkward to attach an ipad cradle.
  • The cup holders. Both cars have similar cup holders with a push button to convert but the Tigs feel like they can hold a wider cup. Both are good systems though, I'd be happy with either
  • Whilst the glove box isn't a practical shape and size, it is supposedly ventilated, I like the idea of being able to keep drinks chilled on a warm day but to be fair it would be better if it was the centre console cubby hole
  • The Tig has a slightly smaller "virtual cockpit" instrument cluster, but in my seating position, the steering wheel doesn't get in the way so you can always see it clearly. I found it difficult to see the speed gauge at times because of it but it will be different for different people. It's also a little more customisable than the Sportage in terms of what displays on the cluster. I like the ability to have the navigation map on the instrument cluster, especially in the full view mode. Annoyingly you can't use android auto on the cluster though
  • I like the way there's ambient lighting running across the doors, front and back in the Tig. The Sportage has it around the centre console and across the glove box. In the Tig though it's only white light, the Sportage has customisable colours. Just wish that it extended across the doors and in the back more
  • I was surprised that when Android auto is connected it doesn't use up the whole of the entertainment system display but I have heard from this forum that it's coming after a software update so fingers crossed, by the time mine is delivered next year that will be sorted.
  • I like the design with the smart menu in the Sportage for switching between entertainment system shortcuts and AC but I prefer having the twiddly knob for adjusting the fan speed. I'm glad they haven't gone full capacitive like the refreshed Tig has and you get the knobs for temperature/volume.
  • In the Tig there a screen where I can control the rear temperature for the Tri-zone AC system. The Sportage also has Tri-zone AC but from what I've seen of the menus online, it doesn't look like I can control the rear temp independently from the front. Not a biggy but I did use it a lot when I had kids in the back.
  • The panoramic sunroof in the Tiguan has two separate controls, one for the shade and one for the Window itself, in the Sportage, it's one button. When testing I couldn't figure out how to open the shade without opening the window, but apparently I'm just pressing too far, I'm sure I'll get used to it. The window didn't really open a lot either but apparently I need to press upwards to make it open more so I'll give it a go when I get mine to fully compare the pans. It was very quick to open and close on the Sportage, the Tigs seems slow in comparison.
  • Here's one that's controversial, I don't like the USB Cs instead of USB As on the Sportage and most other new cars. To me it's a change for the sake of a change. Most people will have cables for their devices with USB A on one side and either Micro USB, USB C or lightening cables on the other end. Now people will have to either buy new cables - do Apple even do a USB C male to lightening male cable? or plug in an adapter that sticks out a little bit. I'm on team Android so it's fine for me, and maybe apple will be forced to join the USB C club by the EU but for me, I don't think there's an advantage to the USB C interface purely for charging a device.
  • Keyless entry. There's no ugly button on the tig, to open the door, you just pull it and to lock the door you touch the outer handle surface. It just feels more premium and natural than the toggle button on the Sportage.
  • The auto hold feature on the Tig is either better or it's not activated by default on the Sportage. I've never rolled back at all in the Tig. Parked up the Sportage, pressed the P button and it still moved slightly. I didn't like that, it gives you less confidence in the car. It's possible that this was user error or configurable.
  • On the Tig the rear view camera has a little water and air spray nozzle to stop it getting dirty. I've never actually seen it do anything, but I'd be in the drivers seat when it did. The camera on the Sportage is a little more exposed so we will see whether dirt or spiders webs cause an issue in the future.
  • Finally, the Tig has the ability to park itself up parallel or bay parking. I've only ever used this once, it's too slow and gets confused with low kerbs, asking you to drive forward into a bush if you follow it's guidance. However, it is nice to have! Even my old Qashqai had a similar system so was a bit surprised it's not on the top trim Sportage

Here's what I prefer on the Sportage
  • the centre console is taller so it's easier to see all the buttons. It's laid out really nicely. I wish it wasn't gloss black as it will look dirty very quickly but it's nicely done and I like the rotary wheel instead of a huge gear knob for the DCT on the Tig.
  • Ventilated seats - absolutely awesome. As someone that gets hot easily, I'm going to love these in the Summer
  • Heated steering wheel. It gets warm very quickly. No matter what the weather is like outside, I'm going to be quite happy in this vehicle
  • Road handling, the steering wheel feels slightly smaller (but not too small) and it handles really lightly. Will be very easy to manoeuvre. I like the buttons on the wheel too, although the smart cruise control is on the opposite side that I'm used to. It gives you more control as you can adjust in 1 mph increments rather than the 5mph increments on the Tig
  • The all view monitor looks fantastic. I first had this on a Qashqai Tekna, then my Tiguan and next will be the Sportage. I think the Sportage is the best resolution of the three and I like the setup. For the Tiguan, it would only come on when going into reverse but the Sportage at least kept it on and changed the main camera when going from reverse to forward gear. I did notice the MG HS I test drove also turned theirs on at junctions, which I thought was cool, good for seeing cyclists, I would love to see that on the Sportage but I'm sure people will say you don't need it because of the blind spot camera feature when you indicate. Unfortunately, some people don't even know what indicators are from what I've seen on the road.
  • Speaking of the blind spot camera thing, it's quite cool, it appears in the cockpit cluster in place of either dial, depending on the direction you indicate. However, because of the aforementioned cockpit visibility issues, I think it would be better if it displayed in the entertainment system, it would be a bit bigger there too.
  • I do like that you still get blind spot warning lights as well. They're big red caution indicators that appear in the mirror itself. It's interesting how the implementation for this is different for different brands. In the Qashqai the warning appears on the A-pillars inside the car and I do think that is a better position to grab your attention. In the Tiguan it's on the housing of the mirror and on the Sportage it's actually on the mirror itself. I prefer it being in the car but at least it is a big red triangle so it grabs your attention. The worst I've seen was when test driving a Peugeot 3008, it was a tiny yellow dot on the mirror and I imagine it would be difficult to see if there's sun glare.
  • The speaker system in the Sportage was really good, it was genuine surround sound, using the rear speakers. Didn't test it with anything bassy but I was impressed. Audiofiles probably won't be impressed but it's a level up from the entry level speakers on the Tig.
  • The wireless charging mat worked for my wife's phone even in it's case. It also tells you on screen that it's charging, which is good. It might not work for my phone because of my leather case (not a car issue, it's the same with other wireless charging), however, I'd be plugged in for android auto anyway, unfortunately. It was decent sized too for a big phone.
  • I loved the full electric adjustments for the driver and front passenger seats. Will have to try the memory settings too. It makes it a lot easier to make small adjustments and feel more premium than pumping a lever.
  • Having heated seats in the back is going to be great for the kids too and I like where they've put the controls next to the electric windows. I do worry about running the battery down. In my old Qashqai, the system would allow you to drain the battery to the point the car couldn't start, in the Tiguan, it warns you if the battery is getting low and I hope it will be similar in the Sportage, can anyone comment?
  • I liked the way the car tells you when the driver in front is pulling away from a standing start. No more getting beeped if you get distracted at a junction
  • On the Tig you get a traditional parcel shelf that takes up too much room, it's currently in our loft. I love the roller cover Sportage one and even better, you can fit it under the boot floor if it annoys you
  • Rear seats can be put down from the boot, very similar to the Tiguan, doesn't do it properly if the rear headrests are pulled out but still works quite well. I like the way the seatbelts are fed through a clip on the Sportage though so they don't interfere with putting the seats down as much and I like that there is a lever rather than a strap to pull to recline the rear seats. Electric would have been better but you only see that kind of thing on really expensive cars.
  • I like how configurable everything is in the infotainment system setup menu. It's well laid out. It's at least on par with the Tig.
  • As for the cockpit display, I found it easier to find things like the overall MPG and odometer reading. In the Tig there's a "Since start" - which is from when you start the engine option, "Since Refueling" and "Long Term" choice, but none of those settings are vehicle lifetime settings and all can be reset. It shouldn't be hard to find your odometer reading and it is in the Tig apart from when you first start the engine.
  • I know some people think the whole Summon mode thing is just a gimmick and a party trick but there have been lots of times when someone has parked too close next to my car for me to be able to get in through the doors and I've had to wait for them to return to get away so I actually think I will use this feature in those scenarios.

Features I couldn't test (feedback please)
  • It was daytime when I did the test drive so I didn't get to compare the lights. The lights on the Tiguan are very clever, they follow you as you turn the wheel to keep bends illuminated and they have a matrix system that black out sections as not to daze other drivers whilst giving you the maximum amount of light. It's very entertaining watching the box of darkness move around in from of the vehicle. I believe the Sportage also has matrix lights but how the two systems compare will be interesting. I don't think it has the corner illumination feature though
  • I didn't bother looking under the bonnet. One thing I do like about the Tiguan is the gas struts that hold the bonnet up. It's more convenient than having to look around for the bonnet prop. I'm not sure if the Sportage has something similar?
  • I'm also undecided which Smart tailgate is better. The Tiguan requires a motion gesture with your foot under the rear, The Sportage automatically opens if you stand behind the rear with the keys in your pocket. I can see the advantage of not having to look like you have road rage and are kicking your own car but I can also imagine it being annoying if the boot decides to open if you're just talking to someone and you're close to the bonnet? We'll see

What I'd like to see to improve the Sportage in the future
  • Head's Up Display - I would expect a HUD to be included on the top trim of an SUV these days. Not all HUDs are any good, it would need to display current speed, the speed limit and augmented navigation instructions and not be too small to read. That might help make up for the visibility issue of the instrument display
  • I know this isn't going to happen but it would be nice to get a choice between USB A and USB C when ordering the car
  • The wrap around display with infotainment system and instrument cluster looks great when it's off but in reality it's two separate screens and they don't take up the whole space of the enclosure. Imagine how epic it would be if it was one single display taking up that entire space, still split in two in terms of what is displayed but giving you far greater customisations and options to use the screens. I don't like the way Tesla and Volvo do their screens, to me they just look too big and as if they're not part of the car. I love the curved design of the Kia one but it could get even better in the future
  • The ambient lighting is a bit limited, it should illuminate the doors and the footwells too, maybe even around the panoramic roof too. Puddle lights on the mirrors would be nice. I know many of these are optional accessories but I think they should be part of the GT Line Sport package at least and they should form a single system with the same configuration options.
  • It would be nice if the voice control button integrated with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay when those systems are activated, even better if it's a configurable choice
  • Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay really should be here by now, they are on Australian version and both should use the full width of the infotainment system
  • Native YouTube and Netflix apps that work only when the car is parked would also be a useful feature
  • The deep cubby hole in the centre console is great for storing drinks and would be even better if there was a button to chill that compartment
  • I would love to see the navigation map display on the instrument cluster the same way it does on the Tiguan
  • Given that the seat is electronically adjustable, why not go the whole hog and make the steering wheel rake and reach electronic too, and the internal mirror. Then the driver memory function can completely setup the car correctly for different drivers, including remembering the side mirror positions.
  • The latest Qashqai Tekna+ comes with massage seats. I love the heated and ventilated seats but a well implemented massage function would be the icing on the cake
  • It would be great if you could electronically side the rear seat bench back and forward to optimise either for more luggage or legroom. The rear seats could fold and recline electronically too
  • The Peugeot 3008 can disperse a choice of fragrances through the air con system. This would be a nice addition if it's not patented
  • The Sportage has 360 degree cameras that are used only for a live feed. It seems silly to me that they don't include an SD card slot and the ability to record the footage from all the cameras. Why should we have to buy separate dash cams when the cameras already exist? The angle might not be the same but it's still a lot better than nothing.
  • Finally, I'd like to see a fully electric version of the Sportage. There are plenty of midsized SUV PHEVs but not EVs. I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I know MG have the Marvel R but it's not being released in the UK. You may say pick the EV6 but the EV6 isn't really an SUV and the e-Niro is too small. We need more options other than the rather dull VW ID4 and the Skoda Enyak. However, the price needs to be comparable to current Sportage prices, not starting at over £40k. I know, I'm asking for the moon on a stick and I don't think we'll see a car that meets all these expectations but it's fun to dream!

What features would your dream car have and why?

·
Registered
MY22 Sportage GT Line S HEV FWD
113 Posts
  • It was daytime when I did the test drive so I didn't get to compare the lights. The lights on the Tiguan are very clever, they follow you as you turn the wheel to keep bends illuminated and they have a matrix system that black out sections as not to daze other drivers whilst giving you the maximum amount of light. It's very entertaining watching the box of darkness move around in from of the vehicle. I believe the Sportage also has matrix lights but how the two systems compare will be interesting. I don't think it has the corner illumination feature though
  • I didn't bother looking under the bonnet. One thing I do like about the Tiguan is the gas struts that hold the bonnet up. It's more convenient than having to look around for the bonnet prop. I'm not sure if the Sportage has something similar?
  • I'm also undecided which Smart tailgate is better. The Tiguan requires a motion gesture with your foot under the rear, The Sportage automatically opens if you stand behind the rear with the keys in your pocket. I can see the advantage of not having to look like you have road rage and are kicking your own car but I can also imagine it being annoying if the boot decides to open if you're just talking to someone and you're close to the bonnet? We'll see
Good post that.

Sporty has decent matrix lights, but no corner illumination as you guessed.

No gas struts for the bonnet.

Smart tailgate is fine once you get used to it. Only works when the car is locked. You can simply back-off when it starts it’s initial beeps to stop it opening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Guys,

I currently have a 2019 plate VW Tiguan R Line Tech on a 4 year PCH deal and there's only one year left, and given the semiconductor problems, I decided I'd order my next lease early.

I looked at a bunch of different options but my final shortlist was between the Kia Sportage HEV, an MG HS PHEV and an MG ZS EV and I've test driven all three but although it's £100 a month more expensive than the MG ZS (yes, the electric car was the cheapest), the timing didn't work out as MG are taking orders now for October so they wouldn't hold that deal for me for 8 months so I've decided on the more expensive Sportage.

Anyway, just wanted to do a comparison between the two vehicles. I know it's slightly unfair as I'm comparing a 3 year old car to a new one but to be honest, I'm not impressed with the facelifted version of the Tiguan anyway, they've made it worse with capacitive buttons everywhere.

So here goes

• Rear passenger space. When the front seats are all the way back there's not a lot of leg room in the rear of the Sportage compared to the Tiguan. This surprised me as the Sportage is longer.
  • Speaking of the rear, the Tig has fold up picnic tables with pop out cup holders on the rear of the seats, they've come in useful when taking kids on long journeys, even if just using them as ipad holders. I'm not keen on the huge coat hooks built into the rear of the front headrests on the Sportage, would make it awkward to attach an ipad cradle.
  • The cup holders. Both cars have similar cup holders with a push button to convert but the Tigs feel like they can hold a wider cup. Both are good systems though, I'd be happy with either
  • Whilst the glove box isn't a practical shape and size, it is supposedly ventilated, I like the idea of being able to keep drinks chilled on a warm day but to be fair it would be better if it was the centre console cubby hole
  • The Tig has a slightly smaller "virtual cockpit" instrument cluster, but in my seating position, the steering wheel doesn't get in the way so you can always see it clearly. I found it difficult to see the speed gauge at times because of it but it will be different for different people. It's also a little more customisable than the Sportage in terms of what displays on the cluster. I like the ability to have the navigation map on the instrument cluster, especially in the full view mode. Annoyingly you can't use android auto on the cluster though
  • I like the way there's ambient lighting running across the doors, front and back in the Tig. The Sportage has it around the centre console and across the glove box. In the Tig though it's only white light, the Sportage has customisable colours. Just wish that it extended across the doors and in the back more
  • I was surprised that when Android auto is connected it doesn't use up the whole of the entertainment system display but I have heard from this forum that it's coming after a software update so fingers crossed, by the time mine is delivered next year that will be sorted.
  • I like the design with the smart menu in the Sportage for switching between entertainment system shortcuts and AC but I prefer having the twiddly knob for adjusting the fan speed. I'm glad they haven't gone full capacitive like the refreshed Tig has and you get the knobs for temperature/volume.
  • In the Tig there a screen where I can control the rear temperature for the Tri-zone AC system. The Sportage also has Tri-zone AC but from what I've seen of the menus online, it doesn't look like I can control the rear temp independently from the front. Not a biggy but I did use it a lot when I had kids in the back.
  • The panoramic sunroof in the Tiguan has two separate controls, one for the shade and one for the Window itself, in the Sportage, it's one button. When testing I couldn't figure out how to open the shade without opening the window, but apparently I'm just pressing too far, I'm sure I'll get used to it. The window didn't really open a lot either but apparently I need to press upwards to make it open more so I'll give it a go when I get mine to fully compare the pans. It was very quick to open and close on the Sportage, the Tigs seems slow in comparison.
  • Here's one that's controversial, I don't like the USB Cs instead of USB As on the Sportage and most other new cars. To me it's a change for the sake of a change. Most people will have cables for their devices with USB A on one side and either Micro USB, USB C or lightening cables on the other end. Now people will have to either buy new cables - do Apple even do a USB C male to lightening male cable? or plug in an adapter that sticks out a little bit. I'm on team Android so it's fine for me, and maybe apple will be forced to join the USB C club by the EU but for me, I don't think there's an advantage to the USB C interface purely for charging a device.
  • Keyless entry. There's no ugly button on the tig, to open the door, you just pull it and to lock the door you touch the outer handle surface. It just feels more premium and natural than the toggle button on the Sportage.
  • The auto hold feature on the Tig is either better or it's not activated by default on the Sportage. I've never rolled back at all in the Tig. Parked up the Sportage, pressed the P button and it still moved slightly. I didn't like that, it gives you less confidence in the car. It's possible that this was user error or configurable.
  • On the Tig the rear view camera has a little water and air spray nozzle to stop it getting dirty. I've never actually seen it do anything, but I'd be in the drivers seat when it did. The camera on the Sportage is a little more exposed so we will see whether dirt or spiders webs cause an issue in the future.
  • Finally, the Tig has the ability to park itself up parallel or bay parking. I've only ever used this once, it's too slow and gets confused with low kerbs, asking you to drive forward into a bush if you follow it's guidance. However, it is nice to have! Even my old Qashqai had a similar system so was a bit surprised it's not on the top trim Sportage

• the centre console is taller so it's easier to see all the buttons. It's laid out really nicely. I wish it wasn't gloss black as it will look dirty very quickly but it's nicely done and I like the rotary wheel instead of a huge gear knob for the DCT on the Tig.
  • Ventilated seats - absolutely awesome. As someone that gets hot easily, I'm going to love these in the Summer
  • Heated steering wheel. It gets warm very quickly. No matter what the weather is like outside, I'm going to be quite happy in this vehicle
  • Road handling, the steering wheel feels slightly smaller (but not too small) and it handles really lightly. Will be very easy to manoeuvre. I like the buttons on the wheel too, although the smart cruise control is on the opposite side that I'm used to. It gives you more control as you can adjust in 1 mph increments rather than the 5mph increments on the Tig
  • The all view monitor looks fantastic. I first had this on a Qashqai Tekna, then my Tiguan and next will be the Sportage. I think the Sportage is the best resolution of the three and I like the setup. For the Tiguan, it would only come on when going into reverse but the Sportage at least kept it on and changed the main camera when going from reverse to forward gear. I did notice the MG HS I test drove also turned theirs on at junctions, which I thought was cool, good for seeing cyclists, I would love to see that on the Sportage but I'm sure people will say you don't need it because of the blind spot camera feature when you indicate. Unfortunately, some people don't even know what indicators are from what I've seen on the road.
  • Speaking of the blind spot camera thing, it's quite cool, it appears in the cockpit cluster in place of either dial, depending on the direction you indicate. However, because of the aforementioned cockpit visibility issues, I think it would be better if it displayed in the entertainment system, it would be a bit bigger there too.
  • I do like that you still get blind spot warning lights as well. They're big red caution indicators that appear in the mirror itself. It's interesting how the implementation for this is different for different brands. In the Qashqai the warning appears on the A-pillars inside the car and I do think that is a better position to grab your attention. In the Tiguan it's on the housing of the mirror and on the Sportage it's actually on the mirror itself. I prefer it being in the car but at least it is a big red triangle so it grabs your attention. The worst I've seen was when test driving a Peugeot 3008, it was a tiny yellow dot on the mirror and I imagine it would be difficult to see if there's sun glare.
  • The speaker system in the Sportage was really good, it was genuine surround sound, using the rear speakers. Didn't test it with anything bassy but I was impressed. Audiofiles probably won't be impressed but it's a level up from the entry level speakers on the Tig.
  • The wireless charging mat worked for my wife's phone even in it's case. It also tells you on screen that it's charging, which is good. It might not work for my phone because of my leather case (not a car issue, it's the same with other wireless charging), however, I'd be plugged in for android auto anyway, unfortunately. It was decent sized too for a big phone.
  • I loved the full electric adjustments for the driver and front passenger seats. Will have to try the memory settings too. It makes it a lot easier to make small adjustments and feel more premium than pumping a lever.
  • Having heated seats in the back is going to be great for the kids too and I like where they've put the controls next to the electric windows. I do worry about running the battery down. In my old Qashqai, the system would allow you to drain the battery to the point the car couldn't start, in the Tiguan, it warns you if the battery is getting low and I hope it will be similar in the Sportage, can anyone comment?
  • I liked the way the car tells you when the driver in front is pulling away from a standing start. No more getting beeped if you get distracted at a junction
  • On the Tig you get a traditional parcel shelf that takes up too much room, it's currently in our loft. I love the roller cover Sportage one and even better, you can fit it under the boot floor if it annoys you
  • Rear seats can be put down from the boot, very similar to the Tiguan, doesn't do it properly if the rear headrests are pulled out but still works quite well. I like the way the seatbelts are fed through a clip on the Sportage though so they don't interfere with putting the seats down as much and I like that there is a lever rather than a strap to pull to recline the rear seats. Electric would have been better but you only see that kind of thing on really expensive cars.
  • I like how configurable everything is in the infotainment system setup menu. It's well laid out. It's at least on par with the Tig.
  • As for the cockpit display, I found it easier to find things like the overall MPG and odometer reading. In the Tig there's a "Since start" - which is from when you start the engine option, "Since Refueling" and "Long Term" choice, but none of those settings are vehicle lifetime settings and all can be reset. It shouldn't be hard to find your odometer reading and it is in the Tig apart from when you first start the engine.
  • I know some people think the whole Summon mode thing is just a gimmick and a party trick but there have been lots of times when someone has parked too close next to my car for me to be able to get in through the doors and I've had to wait for them to return to get away so I actually think I will use this feature in those scenarios.

• Head's Up Display - I would expect a HUD to be included on the top trim of an SUV these days. Not all HUDs are any good, it would need to display current speed, the speed limit and augmented navigation instructions and not be too small to read. That might help make up for the visibility issue of the instrument display
  • I know this isn't going to happen but it would be nice to get a choice between USB A and USB C when ordering the car
  • The wrap around display with infotainment system and instrument cluster looks great when it's off but in reality it's two separate screens and they don't take up the whole space of the enclosure. Imagine how epic it would be if it was one single display taking up that entire space, still split in two in terms of what is displayed but giving you far greater customisations and options to use the screens. I don't like the way Tesla and Volvo do their screens, to me they just look too big and as if they're not part of the car. I love the curved design of the Kia one but it could get even better in the future
  • The ambient lighting is a bit limited, it should illuminate the doors and the footwells too, maybe even around the panoramic roof too. Puddle lights on the mirrors would be nice. I know many of these are optional accessories but I think they should be part of the GT Line Sport package at least and they should form a single system with the same configuration options.
  • It would be nice if the voice control button integrated with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay when those systems are activated, even better if it's a configurable choice
  • Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay really should be here by now, they are on Australian version and both should use the full width of the infotainment system
  • Native YouTube and Netflix apps that work only when the car is parked would also be a useful feature
  • The deep cubby hole in the centre console is great for storing drinks and would be even better if there was a button to chill that compartment
  • I would love to see the navigation map display on the instrument cluster the same way it does on the Tiguan
  • Given that the seat is electronically adjustable, why not go the whole hog and make the steering wheel rake and reach electronic too, and the internal mirror. Then the driver memory function can completely setup the car correctly for different drivers, including remembering the side mirror positions.
  • The latest Qashqai Tekna+ comes with massage seats. I love the heated and ventilated seats but a well implemented massage function would be the icing on the cake
  • It would be great if you could electronically side the rear seat bench back and forward to optimise either for more luggage or legroom. The rear seats could fold and recline electronically too
  • The Peugeot 3008 can disperse a choice of fragrances through the air con system. This would be a nice addition if it's not patented
  • The Sportage has 360 degree cameras that are used only for a live feed. It seems silly to me that they don't include an SD card slot and the ability to record the footage from all the cameras. Why should we have to buy separate dash cams when the cameras already exist? The angle might not be the same but it's still a lot better than nothing.
  • Finally, I'd like to see a fully electric version of the Sportage. There are plenty of midsized SUV PHEVs but not EVs. I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I know MG have the Marvel R but it's not being released in the UK. You may say pick the EV6 but the EV6 isn't really an SUV and the e-Niro is too small. We need more options other than the rather dull VW ID4 and the Skoda Enyak. However, the price needs to be comparable to current Sportage prices, not starting at over £40k. I know, I'm asking for the moon on a stick and I don't think we'll see a car that meets all these expectations but it's fun to dream!

Hi Guys,

So here goes

Be careful re the Tiguan as I’m pretty sure the level of equipment on the new model isn’t the same as on the outgoing model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be careful re the Tiguan as I’m pretty sure the level of equipment on the new model isn’t the same as on the outgoing model.
I’ve got a Tiguan R line Tech. It’s a great car with lots of equipment but you’re right the new model has lost some equipment. Area view , sunroof & much more. I had a test drive in the Sportage & was very impressed. I’ve got a long wait but I know it’ll be worth it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts