Kia Owners Club Forum banner
141 - 160 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
326 Posts
Gen5W has been bug free since Feb update.
Cough.
"Go straight ahead" approaching lay-bys

Gen5W users will be hoping that is fixed when we get our June update. I'm still not sure we've seen reports that the daft directions approaching lay-bys was fixed for compact & standard Gen5.
Apologies if I've missed it in the many nuanced discussions of "---"

• Haha
Reactions: Carlos67 and iooi

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cough.
"Go straight ahead" approaching lay-bys

Gen5W users will be hoping that is fixed when we get our June update. I'm still not sure we've seen reports that the daft directions approaching lay-bys was fixed for compact & standard Gen5.
Apologies if I've missed it in the many nuanced discussions of "---"
I don't get this at all on my Gen5W system with the last software update.

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
274 Posts
I'll know tomorrow as I'll be driving on a road that had each layby as a "go straight ahead".

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
I noticed something this morning. Leaving home the speed limit showed - - - but before I reached a main road it changed to 30 though I didn’t pass any road signs. So it must have some speeds in the maps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem in ROI as some users in UK last year - speed sign on clusters is showing in miles instead of km/h - on navi screen is showing in KM/H - would be nice to have an option to choose do you want it in KM or Miles.

And maps themselves are useless - we were doing a trip to Lidl in Dublin and instead reaching carpark we reached loading bay for trucks. Used tomtom stand alone sat nav and went to correct spot.

·
Super Moderator
10,059 Posts
I have the same problem in ROI as some users in UK last year - speed sign on clusters is showing in miles instead of km/h - on navi screen is showing in KM/H - would be nice to have an option to choose do you want it in KM or Miles.

And maps themselves are useless - we were doing a trip to Lidl in Dublin and instead reaching carpark we reached loading bay for trucks. Used tomtom stand alone sat nav and went to correct spot.
Depending on the car, you will have a option in the dash display to alter mph/kph via 2 page(menu option)

Tom Tom are the supplier of the maps Kia use now. Have been since November update.

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
518 Posts
I noticed something this morning. Leaving home the speed limit showed - - - but before I reached a main road it changed to 30 though I didn’t pass any road signs. So it must have some speeds in the maps.
Yes it does. I have noticed with the new update it can at times take a little while to give you the speed limit. Not all the time but now and then. However, overall it's great having it all working again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I’ve had a diversion offered to reroute around an accident and it even advised me that the suggested route would be 9 minutes quicker than staying on the original route.
For my return journey I was offered a route choice that avoided roadworks on, what should have been the faster route without the roadworks, that saved me 40 minutes. 👍🏻
Possibly a silly question, but do you need to have a wireless hotspot working to get the traffic/accident info, or does that come over the radio?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
876 Posts
Yeah I assume it’s now working as it’s meant to by using a combination of built in speeds (for when sign isn’t passed etc) and then when you pass a sign, it changes to the speed limit shown. I think then as soon as you turn into a different road it then sort of resets and does same thing so initially if a sign is not passed it will use built in data but when you pass the sign it will then override it with what’s on the sign. This to me seems how it’s working as I’ve turned into some areas (like where I live and work) and as soon as I turn into the area, the sign changes to the three dashes as there’s no speed limit signs in that area and it’s off of the road or private land so only picks up speed if sign is passed.
So to me it’s working now as it should do but wonder what others think.
One strange thing I noticed, a major roundabout where I live, leading up to the roundabout showed 40mph which is correct then as I went around and stopped at traffic lights I got the 3 dashes then as soon as I left roundabout and got back onto road it changes back to 40mph. Again assume this is how it’s meant to work as maybe that part of roundabout didn’t have the speed listed

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've updated to 211027 and got the --- issue. Then I've downgraded to 210111 and got the proper speed limits back however whenever I'm in the parking lots or entering my property it changes to --- which was not the case when I was on the 210111 update originally. It seems that even though I've reverted back to 210111 the piece of code responsible for showing the --- whenever there's no sign or no map data for the area still remains. I have not updated to 220519 yet - waiting for someone to come up with a trick to enable ADB just in case I'd like to revert back to 210111 once again.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'll know tomorrow as I'll be driving on a road that had each layby as a "go straight ahead".
Good news.
Last week on my trip to Grimsby on the A180 the sat nav told me to keep to the right at each layby.
Did same journey today and it's not showing the laybys or giving out the info.
On a different topic.
I've noticed that a square with a letter p in it comes on the screen when you are near destination.
You can press it and a red button comes on.
What does it mean as it doesn't appear to do anything.
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Personal luxury car

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've updated to 211027 and got the --- issue. Then I've downgraded to 210111 and got the proper speed limits back however whenever I'm in the parking lots or entering my property it changes to --- which was not the case when I was on the 210111 update originally. It seems that even though I've reverted back to 210111 the piece of code responsible for showing the --- whenever there's no sign or no map data for the area still remains. I have not updated to 220519 yet - waiting for someone to come up with a trick to enable ADB just in case I'd like to revert back to 210111 once again.
It has been stated elsewhere in this forum

“NB. Its worth knowing that NCAP mandate that IF the speed limit cannot be determined a '---' sign should be displayed, this would explain why we are seeing this symbol if the map data does not have a speed for that section of road.”

NCAP state that “ (Temporary) absence of reliable speed limit information shall be clearly indicated to the driver”

I now believe that this is achieved by the use of 3 dashes, but it would be really useful if Kia could confirm that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
On a different topic.
I've noticed that a square with a letter p in it comes on the screen when you are near destination.
You can press it and a red button comes on.
What does it mean as it doesn't appear to do anything.
View attachment 15881
This probably allows you to turn on the parking mode.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It has been stated elsewhere in this forum

“NB. Its worth knowing that NCAP mandate that IF the speed limit cannot be determined a '---' sign should be displayed, this would explain why we are seeing this symbol if the map data does not have a speed for that section of road.”

NCAP state that “ (Temporary) absence of reliable speed limit information shall be clearly indicated to the driver”

I now believe that this is achieved by the use of 3 dashes, but it would be really useful if Kia could confirm that.
In my 17 plate manual.
Font Circle Number Paper product Paper

Reactions: Alanw47

·
Registered
1.5T-gdi "4" DCT Phantom Black
88 Posts
Quick question,

I'm currently on about 8 software versions back (think it was the 1st purple software) and using Uvo (successfully).

If I do the June update for gen 5w (when it drops) will I be forced to change to Kia Connect?

141 - 160 of 220 Posts