Kia Owners Club Forum banner
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
I had similar problems travelling from N.Yorkshire passing Peterborough. There were Five times the satnav wanted to turn off the A1, loop round and then back on again. Once could have been due to heavier traffic flow, but the others, there was no logical reason. The loops were back to the A1 exit point.
I did wonder if atmospherics were scrambling the RDS (Radio Data System, a communications-protocol standard used with commercial FM) which I’m assuming updates the route if necessary.
G
The congestion updates are no longer collected from the RDS/TMC system. The updates are collected from the LIVE data channel either via hotspot or the Kia connect system.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
I've just been out for a short trip and checked. There is no option for 2D now.
I still have the 2D North facing and 2D Direction facing - what 2D view option are you unable to get?

·
Registered
2019 Sportage 2, 1.6 (AWD) , Petrol.
29 Posts
That just changes the view, 2D to 3D.
Person I was replying to wanted to find overview map
Yes that was me. Causing confusion as I was replying to Chrispy1 who was looking for 2D to 3D.

I tried searching again for overview( while parked) - no overview. It has gone.
G

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
I tried searching again for overview( while parked) - no overview. It has gone.
I can't say I've noticed anything missing - what did the overview show?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't say I've noticed anything missing - what did the overview show?
The overview showed a breakdown of the route to be taken, road numbers, distance and turn direction. It was handy if you knew there were problems with a particular route or you wanted to go a particular way and you wanted to make sure that this is the route that has been selected.
G

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
The overview showed a breakdown of the route to be taken, road numbers, distance and turn direction. It was handy if you knew there were problems with a particular route or you wanted to go a particular way and you wanted to make sure that this is the route that has been selected.
I seem to have two ways to show this;

a) on the normal Nav menu the Route details, on right of the screen, can be scrolled through to show the whole journey - pretty sure you can scroll while moving on this dis[paly
Gps navigation device Map Line Gadget Font

Hit NAV when on above screen
b) From the Menu

Font Gadget Screenshot Display device Technology

Hit Route (top) Target

Font Display device Electronic device Screenshot Multimedia

Hit Route info. / Avoid target

Gps navigation device Map World Font Gadget

Hit the Route info/Avoid target (bottom left)

Gadget Computer Font Communication Device Display device

There you can scroll through the routing.

Is this what you were describing??

(I did this fairly quickly so hope the instructions are clear enough.)

Reactions: Zardof and iooi

·
Registered
29 Posts
I seem to have two ways to show this;

a) on the normal Nav menu the Route details, on right of the screen, can be scrolled through to show the whole journey - pretty sure you can scroll while moving on this dis[paly
View attachment 16167

Hit NAV when on above screen
b) From the Menu

View attachment 16168

Hit Route (top) Target

View attachment 16169

Hit Route info. / Avoid target

View attachment 16170

Hit the Route info/Avoid target (bottom left)

View attachment 16171

There you can scroll through the routing.

Is this what you were describing??

(I did this fairly quickly so hope the instructions are clear enough.)
Thanks for the screen shots.
I couldn’t get option a) to work but the overview was available using option b).
As I was stationary I couldn’t tell if option a) would kick in once in motion. I’ll have a look later today.
Thanks for your help.

While looking through the setting I came across a tick box for selecting Trace.
Anybody know what this is about?
It would be good if there was some documentation, pdf or otherwise, giving an overview of the settings available for use.
G

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
4,095 Posts
I couldn’t get option a) to work but the overview was available using option b).
As I was stationary I couldn’t tell if option a) would kick in once in motion. I’ll have a look later today.
Thanks for your help.

While looking through the setting I came across a tick box for selecting Trace.
Anybody know what this is about?
It would be good if there was some documentation, pdf or otherwise, giving an overview of the settings available for use.
G
I believe it leaves a trace to show where you have been onthe route used. Just like the trace that shows you where the pro golfers have driven their balls (sorry!)

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
As I was stationary I couldn’t tell if option a) would kick in once in motion.
Option a) works when stationary, you just have to 'pull' the list up.down (it's not that obvious) of course the list has to have a number of entries longer than the display.

Reactions: Zardof

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
50 Posts
It's not a PDF but it is searchable. Full Guide:-

And through searching I found this page:-

John.

Reactions: Zardof

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
It's not a PDF but it is searchable. Full Guide:-
And through searching I found this page:-

John.
I recommend caution as those instructions, and the screen shots, don't match the current version for Compact GEN5 SW.

It looks like there are from at least two SW versions ago.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
New Feature? - to me at least

I had my first trip out on a Motorway (M1) last night after updating my SW. No Nav route was set. I was surprised that as soon as I joined the M1 the Map Display changed and a list of the motorway junction numbers, in my direction of travel, and destinations appeared on the right of the screen - I have never seen this on previous SW so assume it's a new feature but maybe I've just never encountered it (BTW - my passenger took the photos while on the move);

Gps navigation device Map Gadget Line Font

If you touch the Rest Area target on top of this overlay screen it changes to give you a listing of the next service station stops;

Gps navigation device Vehicle Gadget Font Flat panel display

I can't advise what the Simple target area, in this pop up, does as it was never enabled

It seems that the appearance of this feature is controlled from the Menu target on the Map screen by selecting/deselecting Turn LIst - this target appears only to be 'active' when on the motorway unless a Nav route is set. The listing to the right goes away when you leave the motorway.

Gps navigation device Gadget Font Display device Electronic device

Maybe this feature has always been present - but now I've found it I can see it's usefulness.

Edit: Should have added the lists are scrollable so you can see junctions further down the motorway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems I've encountered a bug on my 2016 Optima gt line. With speed camera alert on, the actual speed alert sound is not working. But interestingly, when it should make a sound, radio and music volume is being lowered and not returned to its previous volume after a while.

So I was driving m27 and where satnav should've made an audible camera alert sound, it only lowered the volume of the radio, did not make any speed camera sound and kept the volume that way until I shut off the engine. Really annoying and strange. For reference, this was mybfirst journey with the new update and connected hotspot.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
It seems I've encountered a bug on my 2016 Optima gt line. With speed camera alert on, the actual speed alert sound is not working. But interestingly, when it should make a sound, radio and music volume is being lowered and not returned to its previous volume after a while.

So I was driving m27 and where satnav should've made an audible camera alert sound, it only lowered the volume of the radio, did not make any speed camera sound and kept the volume that way until I shut off the engine. Really annoying and strange. For reference, this was mybfirst journey with the new update and connected hotspot.
Try going into the audio settings menu and check that the effects level is turned up - some have reported it being set to zero after a update.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
Sound Settings/Guidance volumes/Navigation sound effects

Gadget Font Computer Audio equipment Clock

Computer Personal computer Audio equipment Font Multimedia

Reactions: iooi
201 - 220 of 247 Posts