Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 70 plate GT line S in September 2021 after being offered close to what I paid a year earlier, and now ordering another one 馃檪
Between then and now I had a Panda 100HP which I sold 6 months later for an extra 拢500.
Used car prices are crazy just now. It's cheaper to buy a new car than the same model a year older!

Registered
So if that is the 1.0 turbo according to the posts from a tuner on this forum, the newer version has combined port and direct injection. A big advantage in my opinion (assuming that is the case - I cannot verify of course).

Registered
So if that is the 1.0 turbo according to the posts from a tuner on this forum, the newer version has combined port and direct injection. A big advantage in my opinion (assuming that is the case - I cannot verify of course).
I have the new version and looks like it is still just GDI to me.The crank ventilation system is however totally different. So maybe Kia have found some tweaks to avoid excess carbon build up on intake.

Registered
I have the new version and looks like it is still just GDI to me.The crank ventilation system is however totally different. So maybe Kia have found some tweaks to avoid excess carbon build up on intake.
Out of interest have there been any reported issues with carbon in this engine? I know it is a common issue with GDI but presumably (?) some applications are worse than others.

Registered
As I say I cannot verify - this is only what a tuner reported. I would prefer a validation from an official source since I agree with you - it would have been quite a significant change for a small dollar engine and none of the official Hyundai documentation mentions it - that documentation clearly says the 1.0 turbo is only direct injection.

It might be possible, for example, for tuning parameters to exist for a second bank of injectors given the Smartstream engines can have various combinations of injectors but that does not necessarily mean those parameters are active or - if you change them - that anything actually changes other than a placebo or nocebo effect.

I can well imagine Hyundai having the same "operating system" for all the current SmartStream engines but that does not mean everything you can do with that operating system applies to every car. Obviously it doesn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts