Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the last few weeks i have a bit of trouble starting up in the morning it seems to take a long time to fire or it take 2 trys its a 1.6 crdi ls auto 2009,

is it me or the cee'd anyone else had the some?

thanks tom

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Had similar problem with my Rio at first. The dealer renewed the immobiliser antenna unit but that did not cure it and it was a faulty water sensor on fuel filter that was drawing air into the fuel system. After it was replacedit cured the start up problem.

·
Registered
682 Posts
As Davey said could be a air leak on the fuel system or maybe a glow plug failing?
Have dealer check it out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 1.6crdi auto SW is terrible. Started poor starting earlier this year during an early spring cold snap. By time it was at Dealers cold snap was over and poor starting was not so evident. Dealer said there was nothing wrong with it. (Can't believe they checked it properly)
During this last cold period it has been really bad taking up to 20 seconds to fire. I am certain that the gloplugs are not working. Will book in for a service and complain once again. See if they can find anything this time.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi

Not had a problem with my 2010 1.6 CRDi SW but I noted when I read the handbook that it says to press down on the brake pedal when starting the car. Never had to do that before on any carbut there must be a good reason if it tells you to do it. Waiting for the glowplug light to extinguish before attempting to start takes longernow the weather is very cold (saw -16 on the way to work this morning) but having had diesels for 15 years now that is perfectly normal.

Paul

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Sporty Wagon is booked in for tomorrow for 2 year service and to have the cold starting problem sorted out. When I booked it in the mechanic checked for fault codes but nothing was showing up. He said thatwhen it came in he would give it a thorough check.
We shall see what happens.
Not too confident of a cure as the cold spell is not too bad at moment.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Must say I was a bit surprised that the mechanic expected a fault code for this.
I am certain that if they check it out properly they will find 1 or more glowplugs not working.

This morning I noticed an oil leak for them to sort out as well.

Ho Hum.

Have now got a Rio cutesey car while they work on mine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Still got the Rio. Took my SW in at 4pm tuesday and Dealer has still got it. Hope it is going to be a proper cure. I am still not confident. Hopefully it will be ready at 4 pm Friday.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Still not got my car back!!!!!!
Now it will be Monday!!!! and to add insult I need to take cutesey car back tomorrowand swop for a Picanto. GRRRRRR

NOT HAPPY.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hey whats wrong with a Picanto apart from if two of you get in and shut the doors at same time you clang your heads together

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rio drives nicely and I suppose it's probably good value for money, but it's not my cup of tea. I am used to my LS so miss some of the little things like heated mirrors and intermittant rear wiper etc. It does however boast a proper spare tyre and a good size boot.
The petrol engine is quite perky and smooth.

One really annoying feature is the wiper and indicater switches are on the wrong side. I am fed up of wiping the windscreen when I want to indicate and vice versa.

Just picked up the Picanto and the switches are the right way round. My brain is now so confused that I am still wiping the windscreen etc.

So I spend all my money on a "reasonably priced car" (Ceed CRDI LS SW) and end up driving a scateboard (Picanto) while the main dealer continues to try curing (bodging) an oil leak.

I AM NOT AT ALL HAPPY!!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
dont knock the picanto...had a nice little black number on loan this week,only a 1 litre [1 spec] thought it was a pocket rocket,,,and handled brilliantly

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a Rio as a courtesy car while my SW LS was having new discs fitted. Great wee car BUT, the wiper switch and indicator switch are reversed from the Ceed. WHY???
Spent my first drive into work with it constantly changing lanes on the M8 with the wipers going bonkers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Eventually got my car back after 6 days.
So far so good. No signs of an oil leak but level has dropped slightly. Hope its not collecting in undertray.

They say they have cured starting problem with a software update!! This does keep the glowplug light on quite a bit longer and it does start quicker though engine sounds rough for a second or two as though possibly 1 or more glowplugs not working. Is it me or am I imagining that it never used to run like this.

Icing on the cake. Cruise control hasn't worked since I got the car back and they cannot see to it until 3rd february (cutesey car needed) Thats a 3 week wait!!!! Not impressed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Never Ending Story?

They had my car for a couple of days to cure the cruise control and starting problem.
Played a recording of engine sound when starting to the service manager. It sounds like a bag of spanners for first second or two. He said it was normal. He also said that the glowplugs are not to help starting but for the emissions. Anyone else been told that?

Is it me?

Any way, they now think they have found the problem.

Apparently the injection computer seems to have gone senile. It no longer thinks the car has cruise control. It also thinks that the gearbox is manual, not auto. Luckily the gearbox still works. Maybe this is the reason for the poor MPG that it is returning lately. 32 MPG over last 2 weeks doing daily commute.

Next step is for Dealer to confer with Kia as to what to do next. Whether computer is reprogrammable or fit a new part. So far it has taken 2 weeks and I am still waiting to hear.

Once they decide what to do it will still be another 2 weeks before a courtesy car would be available.

I am now thoroughly Peed off with this service. It is beyond a joke and I am wishing that I had never heard of Kia. If anyone from Kia is reading this, then please tell someone to get their finger out. Unless of course Kia does not care?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts