Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there,i hope someone can help
i have a kia sedona 2.9 crdi 06 new model, the clutch pedal is sticking after changing gear, i have had the slave and master cylinders changed by kia but the problem is still there.the hydraulic system has also been bled by kia they said it was full air, but pedal is still sticking? has any one else had this problem? kia are at a loss as to what is causing the problem,they did say when they changed the cylinders that there was no wera on the clutch and that the pressure plate was fine!

joe

·
Registered
702 Posts
tonga said:
hello there,i hope someone can help

i have a kia sedona 2.9 crdi 06 new model, the clutch pedal is sticking after changing gear, i have had the slave and master cylinders changed by kia but the problem is still there.the hydraulic system has also been bled by kia they said it was full air, but pedal is still sticking? has any one else had this problem? kia are at a loss as to what is causing the problem,they did say when they changed the cylinders that there was no wera on the clutch and that the pressure plate was fine!

joe
I assume they charged you for the work and the parts ? If so take it back as they have not solved the initial problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there

when the cylinders were changed the car was out of warranty by 5 months,i contacted kia head office and they agreed to pay half towards then cost which was very good of them. i have now had the car into 2 different kia garages and both are at a loss.

joe

·
Registered
29 Posts
when you say sticking does it stay all the way in or stop about inch from top and you have to pull pedal up with your foot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it stops about 2 inche from the top and like you say i have to bring it back up with my foot.

·
Registered
702 Posts
tonga said:
it stops about 2 inche from the top and like you say i have to bring it back up with my foot.
It does seem as though there might still be air in the system or a leak somewhere . If everything is properly sealed and air free the pressure of the fork/arm pushing against the clutch cover plate springs should be enough to push the fluid back to the master cylinder and the peddle back to normal. As its not doing this then it has to be one of the above problems , I'm assuming that Kia did look at the clutch before giving it the ok? Just looked at the manual and it says for peddle sticking make sure the shaft is properly lubricated, may be worth a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kia did inspect the clutch several times whilst they had the car. they said it showed minimal signs of wear.They also checked the gearbox whilst it was out. the shaft that it says should be lubricated is it the small one attatched the clutch arm inside or is it found under the bonnet.
thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
702 Posts
tonga said:
kia did inspect the clutch several times whilst they had the car. they said it showed minimal signs of wear.They also checked the gearbox whilst it was out. the shaft that it says should be lubricated is it the small one attatched the clutch arm inside or is it found under the bonnet.

thanks for the replys.
No Harm in trying to grease both of them. Failing that take it to a small back street garage , no doubt in 20 ins they'll have it working as it should.

·
Registered
29 Posts
mines been in a few times for this and they sprayed wd40 or similar and problem still same ,car is going in on wednesday again for this ,will let you know what they do to fix ,warranty running out in less than four weeks,

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it still has air in the system, get them to check the pipe that connects to the concentric slave cylinder, ithas a small o ring which leaks in air. there is a known issue with these on the first of this shape sedona. there is a bulletin on it. get your dealer to look it up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same thing was happening on the 07 Sedona I recently bought. Not all the time,but sometimes the pedal didn't come all the way backjust asyou describe.I sprayed some silicone lubricant where therod that attaches to the pedal arm goes through a rubber boot and I haven't had the problem since. The spraycame from a caravan place and isusedto lubricate a rubber seal on the caravan toilet. Worth a try, good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hope it works, kia have changed the master and slave cylinders on mine and it cured the problem for 3 weeks, then it started again. they have turned pedal spring round, lubed eveything, checked pressure plate and clutch, they seem to be at a loss as to what is causing the problem on mine , got to the point where im now considering getting rid of the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
got car back seems fine ,master cylinder was swapped and all parts greased etc ,feels better on pedal,will keep you informed if problem reoccurs,warranty fast running out so lets see what else we can find :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a kia sedona the loverly petrol version it is not even a year old and has had 4 warrently repairs on the clutch, lets summarise it gets stuck down and you have to use your foot to release it and it has completely siezed and had to be towed. So far the whole clucth has been changed and guess where the car is again. We have also been told it is driving style which causes it but when challenged no Kia person could supply a tech note. So now we wait again for the garages report.

Oh yes we also noted that the hand brake has not been great and when the car is off without touching the clutch you can change the car to any gear even reverse which I have been checked in other cars and so far only our sedona allows it.

Kia head office say it is the garages responsibilty to fix the issue and not a head office concern. Any suggestions because this is the worst car I have ever had. Do nto get me wrong I love the size of the sedona and the sliding doors but with the car in the garage for 4-5 days every 7 to 8 weeks what type osf cr-p have I bought and what can I do,

I am open to suggestions

1 - 20 of 29 Posts