Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer has quoted just over £700 for a new clutch for my 1.6 diesel Ceed (now out of warranty) that has A low biting point. Sounds quite steep so I‘m thinking of getting a quote from an independent garage. My concern is that an independent garage might fit cheap parts. The old saying ‘buy cheap, buy twice’ comes to mind. Does anyone know who manufacturers clutches that are originally fitted on a Ceed? Also, am I right in thinking that the price quoted is expensive or whether it is par for the course? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

Put in your reg to find the kit..

Post 10 on this thread..

·
Registered
173 Posts
What's the mileage, and is it dual mass flywheel clutch or standard? Are you sure it's the clutch and not master/slave cylinder or old hydraulic fluid.

I would expect to pay about 500 for a standard clutch replacement and about 1k for a dmf clutch job (parts +labour).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the mileage, and is it dual mass flywheel clutch or standard? Are you sure it's the clutch and not master/slave cylinder or old hydraulic fluid.

I would expect to pay about 500 for a standard clutch replacement and about 1k for a dmf clutch job (parts +labour).
Thanks for that. The mileage is 85k. The only information I have is from the garage who advised the clutch was on the way out after I’d had it in for a service. No mention was made of the master/slave cylinder or fluid. The car drives ok although sometimes it can be stiff to get into 1st gear. Its the 1.6 Crdi (134bhp versio). I’m not sure if it’s the standard or dual mass flywheel on this version.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Put in your reg to find the kit..

Post 10 on this thread..
Thanks. Looks like the Exedy clutches work better.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine's the same, getting low biting point at 90k miles. LUK clutches are really good. Update how you get on re price and what the biting point is like after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts