Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not had my Pro long and i today i noticed a pulsing through the clutch.

i have done a search and not found anything, so hopefully this hasn't been answered before.

the pulsing goes away when the pedal is fully depressed, but it can be felt when applying a little pressure. my plan is to pop in to Kia for their thoughts, but has anyone elseexperiencedthis?

my searches on the internet make it look like something is out of line

cheers

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That doesn`t sound familiar amoungst the faults reported on the forums.
I`m going to check mine later but I can`t say I`ve noticed anything before.

Maybe I`m a little harsher when depressing the clutch but as I said, I`ll check tonight on my drive home from work.

Others will no doubt be along and assist soon - but the dealers are usually the best port of call.

Hope it`s something simple or not even an issue.

Drakey

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it diesel??, probably the DMF out of tollerance, to much rotational and axial play, get dealer to check, if they are good it will be under warranty

·
Registered
536 Posts
Can't say I have the problem on mine. I do feel 1st is really low geared and the others are long as when I pull off I find I haven't got the engine going quick enough to match the road speed. If the problem your experiencing is what I think, it could be caused by a few things. It could simply be an air bubble in the clutch pipe. They are hydraulic right? How many miles you had on the clutch?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh never thought about DMF. God I hate the fact new cars have them... Pricey when they need replacing. £1400 on my old passat.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Surely anything listed above would be covered on the warrenty?
Would certainly hope so.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah 100% I take it your car was pre loved? They don't do the 2ltr engine anymore. Depending on the mileage it could be the onset of wear maybe? 4th gear 20mph and then boot it! If the engine rev's faster than the speed increases, then you'll know. Either way best pull it up with the dealer 1st because the sooner they know the sooner it will "hopefully" be sorted. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
put it in to Kia today and they said that there is no slippage - the mileage is 48k.

they also said that the 'pulsing' is not excessive

·
Registered
437 Posts
The pulsing is more likely to be weak fingers on the clutch cover, when stripped its not easy to find either but a new clutch will cure it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem on my 58 plate 2.0l CRDi sport. 38,000 on the clock and i haven't yet reported it to the dealer, only owned the car 3 months, let me know if you find out the cause, I'll prob be on the phone to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
took it in to Kia and they said the clutch was fine; no slippage. since then i've done about 2000miles and it doesn't seem to have got any worse.
Edited by: Jaminben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts