Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kia Sedona 2.9TD on a y plate my clutch pedal just fell to the floor :( leaving me unable to change gear, stopped the engine and lifted the pedal manualy and the car drove a mile or so before happening again there is no slip on the clutch when this happens so i am thinking hydralics

but after spending an hour searching for a resiviour i am stumped any tips on where it is and how to bleed it would be a great help i am hoping to do this my self and have moderate mechanical experiance

many thanks

Paul

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wolfkitch said:
I have a Kia Sedona 2.9TD on a y plate my clutch pedal just fell to the floor :( leaving me unable to change gear, stopped the engine and lifted the pedal manualy and the car drove a mile or so before happening again there is no slip on the clutch when this happens so i am thinking hydralics

but after spending an hour searching for a resiviour i am stumped any tips on where it is and how to bleed it would be a great help i am hoping to do this my self and have moderate mechanical experiance

many thanks

Paul
Paul

it sounds as though the seals on the slave cylinder have gone due to the sudden loss of pedal and the fact it worked for a short time after you pulled the pedal back up. The slave cylinder is located at the front of the engine where the gearbox and engine join. You maybe ale to buy just the seals but it may be you have to buy the entire cylinder, try your local pats place before going to Kia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ty bruno will have a look tommrow morning sods law this happens after an MOT pass with NO problems 3 days ago lol :)

still mot are only good of the time of test i supose looks like its going to be hammer time tommrow :)

If at first you dont succeed then your not hitting it hard enough :p

·
Registered
399 Posts
Wolfkitch said:

many thanks

Paul

had one like this three weeks ago. The steel pipe from the slave to the chamber had cracked, therefore after quite a few pumps (he was on his way home from holiday towing a caravan, just managed to reach home when the pedal eventually went) of the pedal and it emptied the clutch master cylinder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the slave cylinder is spewing out fluid i have ordered a new cylinder for £42 any one got any tips on how to bleed it as it feeds of the brake master cylinder??? iedo i need a pressure bleeder? or will it gravity feed by opperating the clutch pedal??

Many thanks again peeps

Paul

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Just make sure there is always a max amount of brake fluid in the reservoir and then release the bleed nipple on slave and pump clutch pedal until all air is pumped out. A pressure or vacuum bleeder is better way but the old way does the job.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I thought thats what it would be by your description of the fault. I got used to it on MK1 Rover 827 Vitesse manual the thing was always needing new seals or a cylinder in the years I owned it.

Wolfkitch said:
the slave cylinder is spewing out fluid i have ordered a new cylinder for £42 any one got any tips on how to bleed it as it feeds of the brake master cylinder??? iedo i need a pressure bleeder? or will it gravity feed by opperating the clutch pedal??

Many thanks again peeps

Paul

·
Registered
399 Posts
bruno1926 said:
I thought thats what it would be by your description of the fault. I got used to it on MK1 Rover 827 Vitesse manual the thing was always needing new seals or a cylinder in the years I owned it.

Wolfkitch said:

Many thanks again peeps

Paul
Yes same here with the rover 820 I converted to manual, used more seals than oil filters!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts