Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
car has been driving great good gearchanges etc then all of a sudden i found the gear change very difficult in all gears and got worse as day went on and it grinds trying to put it in reverse unless you turn engine off then select reverse and i have noticed the pedal seems to have about 2 inches of travel before any resistance but the car drives fine other than extremely hard gearchange so do you think this is the linkage or what do you all think.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
It could be a leak or air in the clutch slave cylinder or worst case scenario clutch master cylinder.
I would have a look at the fluid reservoir to make sure it is at its max and then inspect the slave cylinder for leaks. If it is leaking you might be able to get a repair kit or its a complete new one.
If there is no leaks visible try bleeding it and if that cures it then your quids in. More and likely its the slave cylinder that gives problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slickster said:
Billy
Could you let me know how much it cost, as my rio's just developed the same problem over the last couple of days.

Cheers
the part itself is around £50(garage price) and part plus fitting was £150 odds
semmingly it can be welded for slightly cheaper but don't know how permanent this would be

1 - 7 of 7 Posts