Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, we have a Kx3 sportage 2.0 crdi, owned since new, 10,400 miles my other half came home from work couple nights ago and said that she thought she could see smoke coming from under bonnet, I had a good look and couldn't see or smell anything burning.
Car drove ok, gears and clutch felt fine.
The next day she went to go out and on backing out of drive the clutch pedal stayed stuck down to the floor, she flicked it up and all seemed OK. That evening when she returned home it did it again and this time I was in car, and sure enough clutch pedal stuck down, (not stuck under floor mat) as dealer suggested..!
And also smoke from rear of engine bay.

Car going in on Monday, I'm suspecting clutch master cylinder fault, level looks ok, but does look like oil down on the cross member behind engine. Anyone had a fault like this.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Hi Darren, and welcome to the forums. Not heard of this before, but deffo get it into the dealer for sorting out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:-
Dealer tells me that the clutch pressure regulator is faulty and leaking. Apparently they have had a couple gone before. Car back by Wednesday, can't fault Kia service and warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I got same car and had EXACTLY the same issue to which my garage suggested same fault with the regulator valve. I just got the new valve fixed for 250 quid. Do we know this is covered in the warranty ?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sudhakar said:
Hi I got same car and had EXACTLY the same issue to which my garage suggested same fault with the regulator valve. I just got the new valve fixed for 250 quid. Do we know this is covered in the warranty ?
Why were you asked to pay?
That isn't a 'wear and tear' item, so should have been 100% warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
to be honest, I was in a bit of hurry get that fixed, and I went to halfwords. Do I still stand a chance to claim from Kia ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's a shame, not to have used the 7 year warranty like Horse 1200 who received quick and efficient service.
Edited by: Rednine43

1 - 9 of 9 Posts