Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i have had my Sportrage for 4 months now and taking it back to the dealer in the morning.

I have issues with the clutch DMF and gearbox, when changing up from 2nd to third and i accelerate it slips and you can feel the gearbox change or slip (like when a automatic changes up) this is like it in 3rd, 4th and 5th ?????????????

Had my towbar fitted last week and took the caravan away for the weekend, terrible towing it, no power and sluggish

I was hoping for a better towing experience than this totaly dissapointed, when i arrived at the site Only 30ish miles the kia stank of clutch so its going back so see what the problem is with it ????

also noticed when im coming upto a Junction in 2nd, and i put my foot down to go, the kia slowly picks up then decides to go ( shouldnt have to go into 1st at 10ish mph ?? so much turbo lag its rediculouse so im going to get them to check the turbo too

thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi mate, is the car acting the same when it's running solo, (no caravan on the back?) Mine is the same car as yours except on a '56 plate and I've found it to be a good towcar. My caravan weighs in at 1400kg fully laden and the Kia tows it with no problem, Devon, Cornwall, Dorset and West Wales in the last 2 years. As GMac says, have you checked that the problem isn't with your caravan?Let us know how you get on, Regards, Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi chaps, no the caravan breaks were definatly off lol,

I had the same problem without the caravan it just lacked power. Hesitsted when rolling up to a junction or roundabout used to feel like waiting for a automatic gearbox to change up and that was in 2,3,4,5 gears?? mines the 138bhp six speed. Took it to Ringways at Doncaster as i bought it from them in November i have drove less than 3000 miles. Picked it up and they said a ecu download had been done and a ecu update made to clear the simptoms o hesitation and turbo lag ??? will see how it performs now, tecky said its like having a remap of the cars softwear ???

will see howit goes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back to the DEALER with it today, with the same thing wrong and they still cant find the problem ????? Monkeys the lot of them, take your money and give you a worthless warantee, Last KIA that i waste my money on, which is a shame as i do like my sportage????????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts